Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to blow town
Ok, 
I’m having an epiphany. I spend so much time sitting in one place thinking about where I want to go, why not just go?
The place I’m in now, it’s cute and all, but I don’t want to spend four months here. I think travel mode is expensive, gas and all. But sitting around bored and spending money to keep myself entertained is REAL expensive.

What’s the whole point of a nomad life sitting around? Travel, go somewhere, just MOVE somewhere!
So, mid June, end of June, I’m heading east. Tornado or no tornado, hurricane or no hurricane,  I’m out of here.
One Stinkin Badge!
[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
  • Wabbit (05-17-2019), Queen (05-17-2019), rvpopeye (05-17-2019), B and C (05-17-2019), justjim (05-17-2019), TrainChaser (05-17-2019), minddroool (05-18-2019), Everyroadleadshome (05-19-2019), Matlock (05-20-2019)
A Go Go kinda thinkin' !
Remember any traveling IS still traveling.
Distance and speed.....optional.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

If I weren't stuck here, I would have left after Christmas. Travel can be expensive if you drive a long ways (which I seem to do to often). I have driven past a lot of places I should have stopped at but didn't saying I'll stop next time I pass this way. I have destination driven all my life and that is a very hard habit to break!
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
Looking at a preliminary route. Looks like the epic Blues Tour is going to happen. This forum gets the exclusive!
https://vandwellerforum.com/showthread.p...ississippi
One Stinkin Badge!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-18-2019)
There are a couple things I want to see in that sort of area. I would like to follow the Natchez Trace trail and see the historical sites http://npmaps.com/natchez-trace/

I would like to follow the Mississippi River top to bottom some time. Then stop all along the way and see the sites. There is a great river trail map you can get on line. https://greatrivertrail.org/
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-18-2019)
the place you are now is cute and all.....relaxing and comfy to ya.....that is when we just get settled and feel good so it is like, why move? Well you know why Smile Smile Time to hit the road and like Popeye said, you don't have to go far, don't have to have a crazy schedule to follow to 'see it all'....just ramble and change your scenery every now and then. Be the nomad ya want to be Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (05-18-2019)
(05-18-2019, 04:16 AM)I hear what your saying Roamer, but my problem is traveling too slow. Then I spend months on end somewhere when I could be seeing even more interesting stuff somewhere else. i know I don’t have to travel at breakneck speed, except getting across Tornado Alley, but inchworming my way around is too inefficient. Traveling efficiently is what I need to work on. Getting somewhere in a timely fashion while still enjoying myself. I do want to go on that Blues Tour, if I don’t do it now, I’ll be living with regrets not doing it. I heard The Po Monkey closed, owner passed away. That history is leaving us.   Look for lots of “It’s so hot!” Posts.

RoamerRV428 Wrote:
the place you are now is cute and all.....relaxing and comfy to ya.....that is when we just get settled and feel good so it is like, why move?   Well you know why Smile Smile   Time to hit the road and like Popeye said, you don't have to go far, don't have to have a crazy schedule to follow to 'see it all'....just ramble and change your scenery every now and then.  Be the nomad ya want to be Smile
One Stinkin Badge!
We have great Bluegrass music here in Kentucky.  Come on by!
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
(05-18-2019, 04:47 PM)GotSmart Wrote: We have great Bluegrass music here in Kentucky.  Come on by!

Well, sho nuf! I’ll be by after Nashville!
One Stinkin Badge!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
  • Cammalu (05-19-2019)
Looking forward to it Lynn!
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • waldenbound (05-19-2019)