Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E450 Front Brakes
Quote:Then I get to play with stereo and camera and other fun goodies

Whoa whoa Who hohohoho nellie.

You telling me your stereo is not upto snuff and you are worrying about brakes?!!!!!

Me, I would prefer to have high fidelity, skull tickling music played at loud volume as I careen off the side of that mountain road, foot to the floor dumping brake fluid on the road behind me.

Get your priorities straight man.

Some people........

Wink

I have a set of old school halogen fog lights under my rear bumper on a switch for when i back up that have been there for ~ 12 years. Been a while since I tried new 1156 LEDs in my stock reverse light housings. The ones I did try were invisible to other cars in daylight in a diagonal parking spot lot. Had to be directly behind to see the reverse lights.

Always check LED retrofit signal lights for proper operation at off angles. Any one bulb might be ok in one vehicle and totally horrid in another. It all Depends on the reflector and lens crennelations but in general a housing designed around a single filament light source is not going to work well with may LEDs radially firing everywhere in the hope some of them hit the mark.

Beware of cops with a hardon for excessive Auxiliary lighting( light bars). Some need to be covered. Depends on the state and the LEO whether you will have issues, but there are many irresponsible lightbar users around this area who I have seen ticketed and now drive around with light bar mounts and dangling wires, with no light bar, and they are livid.

If your stock headlamps are inadequate, polish the plastic housings, get some Phillips Extreme +100 bulbs and make sure they are aimed correctly. A halogen light bulb getting 14.4v will be 50% brighter than one getting 12.2v. I was impressed when I rewired my sealed beam headlamps with relays and thicker wire.

Those interested in improving their vehicle's exterior lighting would be wise to read Daniel stern's website and perhaps drop him an Email if they are serious about seeing better without blinding drivers on the other side of the road.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • rvpopeye (10-20-2017)
Thank you so much SW Smile
I will use the low profile LED light bar up front, from best I can tell you would not even be able to see it from the road. Keep in mind that Bertha is a big, all white bus so a low profile white LED bar should be nearly undetectable. People often assume that we are a church bus, and I like that, I will keep it as stock looking as possible Wink
Church Bus?  

More like what Dr Teeth And the Electric Mayhem would be in.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated

[Image: latest?cb=20150625152503]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk