Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart deli items - reviews please
Are those the subs that were sold to Poland ?????
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
(05-04-2019, 07:32 PM)Gr8ful Wrote: Brings back good memories about K-Mart subs I used to love.

Sounds good! Smile
What was in them?

The Walmart subs are ok, but they're mostly "meh" buns, and just meat & some cheese, with about a single piece of lettuce-like greenery.
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
Forgot... reviews of two new-to-me Walmart 50-cent mini-pies:
Pecan: good Smile
Lemon: "meh", not bad, but I was expecting something like a lemon custard tart, so my expectations spoiled me

Previously tried:
Apple: very good (my favorite, so far) Smile
Pumpkin: good, though not quite as good as the Pecan, note that pumpkin pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts, so again, my hope was "too" high

Has anyone tried the sweet potato?
Any other ones you'd care to recommend or diss? Smile

I'm now so far North, the closest Walmart is 42 miles away.
In a couple of days, I'll be more than 60 miles from one.
I should have stocked up on Apple mini pies. Smile

I did hit the very last Aldi on my route, bought their nice whole grain bread, eggs... and least-unhealthy of their decadent cookies (oatmeal cranberry - yum!). Smile
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
Blueberry is my fave,,,,mom's too.
Peach is very peachy.
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Kaylee (05-07-2019)
Apple (on those pies) is my favorite with the pecan and then peach. I like to put them on a plate (out of the tin) and microwave them. If I haven't eaten all the ice cream in root beer floats, a little goes on top.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • Kaylee (05-07-2019)
Brian, hail my RootBeerFloat Brother! Big Grin

Easy field/road expedient root beer float tip:
Keep a few cans of root beer in your pantry (I'll usually buy a fridge pack of either Aldi's or Walmart's house brand).
Both BurgerKing and McD's often have deals on their soft serve ice cream cone, and will give it to you in a sundae dish/cup if you ask.
Combine & enjoy. Smile
If you don't have a large cup, just carefully add small amounts of root beer to the sundae cup, wait, then enjoy.
The quantities of each are near perfect.
It's particularly awesome on a hot day. Smile

And remember... Root Beer is the de facto drink of Starfleet Academy. Smile

P.S. Popeye, you're still not off the hook for your cheese aversion, but points for trying to claw your way back. Wink

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
Root Beer Floats regularly appear at YARC camp...…....French Vanilla Ice Cream and red Solo cup & straw.....just add root beer
PAULETTE and "Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • Kaylee (05-07-2019)
My root beer of choice is IBC, no cans unfortunately and in a pinch will get A&W. I have what I think is a 30 oz plastic glass that I pour the whole cold bottle into and add Blue Bell (not Blue Bunny) vanilla to until it is full. Any froth is slurped off so I can add more ice cream. I eat it with an iced tea spoon. Adding the cold root beer first limits the foaming. The colder the root beer, the less foaming.

Now I want one.

If you never had Blue Bell ice cream and you get a chance, try it, you will like it. It is my favorite short of small creamery ice cream.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
  • Kaylee (05-07-2019)
Brian, is Blue Bell regional?
+1 on wanting a float, right now! Even though there's still snow on the ground Up Here, and more snow forecast for tomorrow night. Smile

Abnorm: Will there be a Summer YARC Camp, and if so, will there be Toast, Grilled Cheese, and Root Beer Floats?!? Smile

P.S. It's another chilly night, and I still had enough American cheese (bought at Walmart deli) to make one last batch of from-scratch-healthy mac&cheese. Smile

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
Blue Bell is regional although a friend says it is available at the Walmart in Parker, AZ. I've been in that Walmart several times but wasn't shopping for ice cream at the time so didn't see it. They lease creamery space in several locations (don't know those) but their creamory is in Brenham, TX. My favorite is Buttered Pecan. I have 2 half gallons in the fridge right now along with 2 of vanilla. Can you tell I like pecan's?

https://www.bluebell.com/where-to-buy/
Brian

• Kaylee (05-08-2019)