Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rv factory in Elkhart Indiana
A link to the news:
https://www.goshennews.com/news/local_ne...e08e9.html
One of the factories burned today.
My spell check put even instead of RV factory. Sorry about that.
So we should be looking out for an RV fire sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would not buy a forest river even without fire damage.  Dodgy
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
Seems a bit suspicious, 50 to 60 people were laid off that afternoon. My thoughts were disgruntled employee(s) or for the insurance money if it was corporate inspired. But could just be coincidence, if the media has taught me anything, it's not jump to conclusions til the facts come out. Glad no one was hurt regardless of the cause.
(03-12-2019, 07:12 PM)GotSmart Wrote: I would not buy a forest river even without fire damage.  Dodgy

I only have experience with one Forest River, but it survived with me living in it over two Maine winters, feet of snow on the roof and no leaks at all, so I was impressed.  Everything still worked in it too.   But it was a 2004 unit and places can figure out a lot of ways to cut corners over 15 years.  I bought a cheap China car jack from walmart in the late 90's and it was a great little piece of equipment.  Loaned it out and it never came back.......bought it's current replacement and it's a complete POS.  

So I just bought a new $280 Aluminum Jack and she is a piece of art.  And she's never getting loaned out!
(03-12-2019, 07:12 PM)GotSmart Wrote: I would not buy a forest river even without fire damage.  Dodgy

I got the one you wouldn't buy....

Tongue
Wondering about Wandering.
(03-13-2019, 10:56 AM)tx2sturgis Wrote:

I got the one you wouldn't buy....

Tongue

My apologies  Blush
LOL...no problemo of course....

I got a deal and its gonna work fine I think. Turns out that FR factory that burned does not produce the one I bought, which was built in the fall of last year. 

Hey, when do I get my pop-riveter back? Do I have to come find you?

Angry
Wondering about Wandering.
(03-13-2019, 01:35 PM)tx2sturgis Wrote: LOL...no problemo of course....

I got a deal and its gonna work fine I think. Turns out that FR factory that burned does not produce the one I bought, which was built in the fall of last year. 

Hey, when do I get my pop-riveter back? Do I have to come find you?

Angry

You ran away in the middle of the night.  Rolleyes