Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trash & transfer stations (AKA dumps)
When you're in the Quartzsite-Ehrenburg area, do you ever take your camp waste to these places?  In La Paz Co., they say they're free for county residents, but what about visitors?  Does anyone know? Thanks.
I have never had to pay at the Quartzsite transfer station. I have always used a dumpsters at the laundromat in Ehrenberg.
(02-13-2019, 06:34 PM)TrainChaser Wrote: When you're in the Quartzsite-Ehrenburg area, do you ever take your camp waste to these places?  In La Paz Co., they say they're free for county residents, but what about visitors?  Does anyone know?  Thanks.

Here's the link to the dumping station fees ( it doesn't say anything about visitors )
http://www.co.la-paz.az.us/DocumentCente...-Rates-PDF
People that are loving and affectionate are like delicate flowers, if you don't show them love in return and nurture them daily, they will build up a wall between you and eventually you will lose their love and trust.

No fees here. Only for haveing custom removal service. 

Locals and volunteers helped clean up the Ehrenberg desert and the overloaded La Posa dumpsters. Having a free dump is extremely important for the tourists industry.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
For the dump near Ehrenberg, I think there's supposed to be a fee for nonresidents, but they have never charged me. I have used it a few times(not this year though), and they never ID'd me or anything. I even mentioned I was not a county resident, and the lady just waved it off.
Okay, thank you very much!  

BTW, in most places, it is illegal to dump your trash in other people's dumpsters without permission.  I believe there is something like a $500 fine if the business owner sees you and is in a bad mood.