Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted Houses
Whats the best and scariest Haunted homes in the States that one can visit? And I don't mean the fake ones either.
People that are loving and affectionate are like delicate flowers, if you don't show them love in return and nurture them daily, they will build up a wall between you and eventually you will lose their love and trust.

I don't know if it is haunted or not but the Winchester House in California is up there in strangeness.

https://www.prairieghosts.com/winchester.html
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • Nana (02-13-2019)
There is an old hospital in Louisville that’s said to be haunted. I think they give tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Nana (02-13-2019)
Jefferson City Missouri has a haunted prison that gives tours.   

If you dare  Confused
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Nana (02-13-2019)
(02-13-2019, 05:57 PM)B and C Wrote: I don't know if it is haunted or not but the Winchester House in California is up there in strangeness.

https://www.prairieghosts.com/winchester.html

That was a very interesting read. The poor woman was tricked by a medium to sell her home and spend her life and fortune moving and building a mansion to home some fabricated ghosts. I don't know how people can call themselves mediums and just go out of their way to ruin grieving peoples lives.

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.
People that are loving and affectionate are like delicate flowers, if you don't show them love in return and nurture them daily, they will build up a wall between you and eventually you will lose their love and trust.

St. Joseph Missouri has a museum that was the county asylum. Not sure if it's haunted but I would not be surprised. It's a very creepy place. The exhibits do a good job of showing what kind of people were locked up, their strange compulsions, and how they were dealt with. I was there 12 years ago and have not forgotten my visit.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ratfink56 for this post:
  • Nana (02-14-2019)
Nana I have a graveyard on my property. You are welcome to camp in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
Cammalu.

I don't believe in ghosts, seances, mediums or the like at least not any more. I did once believe in them growing up being roman catholic and all because it was instilled into us that the good go to heaven and the bad got to hell scenario and that the troubled roam the earth inbetween worlds. but when mum died all that belief system died with her. when she died i did a lot of reading and searching to see if we really do communicate with our loved ones when they pass over. She's been dead now for 6 years and no signs, nothing so i've come to the conclusion that it's all BS and that the people that claim to have seen ghosts or the dead are fake and BS artists. But i wouldn't mind actually experiencing a haunted place just to see for myself. Only because it's one thing to read about it and another to experience it yourself. If anything that i have learned in this life time it is the fact that I no longer take peoples word as face value and have to come to my own conclusions.

Thanks for the offer I may take you up on it.

PS hope you and gotsmart are well and over your illness.

We are still coughing but and basically out of the woods thanks.

I haven’t seen any funny business out of my graveyard but I know all that are buried there.

On the other hand the house does have more than its share of problems.
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Nana (02-15-2019)
I find 'ghost adventures' on the travel channel to be amusing. They hold marathons all day/night long fridays and saturdays.

This show has been on the air since 2007 or something, hundreds of episodes investigating places and houses where 'paranormal' activity is reported. SHould be a good resource as to what places are said to be haunted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gh...s_episodes

As a natural Cynic I find much of their captured 'evidence' and methods/ devices questionable, but these guys are not actors, that is obvious, but their reactions, fear and excitement, do seem real.