Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I'm getting a donkey!
Which probably seems odd for someone that wants to travel at some point,  but I'm enjoying this homesteading thing at the moment, i've always wanted one, and he was heading to slaughter, so I sprung him free. 

Before making the final decision, I checked with a young woman in town who has a very well established dog walking and boarding business and she said she'd be more than happy to come over and feed him and even walk him if needed, should I want to take a little vacation.  She grew up with horses and donkeys, so she sounded pretty excited.  And for longer term solution, should I want to do one of my multi month road trips, a very good friend of the family has a farm with 5 horses and four donkeys, and she said he'd be welcome there for as long as I want as often as I want so those were my only immediate concerns.  

He's in Texas now and won't be in New England for another 6 weeks,  that should get me into spring so I can build him a little shelter and get the pen all fenced in.  The rescue said he could stay with her another month beyond that if I need a little more time getting things ready.

I'm pretty excited for his arrival!  And i'll probably get him a friend shortly after as I know they do better with others.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • Blanch (02-07-2019), BCGuy (02-07-2019), Nana (02-08-2019), Heidi Mull (02-08-2019)
You don't need to leave him behind -- just remove the passenger seat, lay down some straw, and take him along!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (02-09-2019)
Just drop him off in Pahrump, it can wander around with the feral burros and feral horses. Or Beatty.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Wayne49 for this post:
I love it!!!

I actually looked at a property on 20 acres in Death Valley last year, thinking of starting a Burro rescue ranch.

Love those little donkeys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
…………..there's an ASS joke in here someplace...………...
"Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • rvpopeye (02-08-2019), Everyroadleadshome (02-09-2019)
Beat me to it. Sad
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

Congratulations on your Donkey.
People that are loving and affectionate are like delicate flowers, if you don't show them love in return and nurture them daily, they will build up a wall between you and eventually you will lose their love and trust.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Nana for this post:
awwwhh, yay for you and even more for the donkey who gets a great home. thanks for the pics
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tav-2020 for this post:
Congrats to you for saving a life Smile Smile enjoy the donkey!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
OK Matt , no ass joke.
But , and this is very important !!!!!!!
Make sure he comes with a tail........ Cool

Pinning one of them on is really hard !

(Especially if you have a blindfold on,,,,,or if you're drunk     or both !) Rolleyes
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (02-09-2019), American Nomad Patriot (02-10-2019)