Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where I have been lately
Discovered Long, long ago, in a universe far, far away

& so excited to go!

Palo Dura Canyon

More when I get fone recharged & perhaps figure out how this works ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ROOIRIA x 2
1 Stinkin' Badge
Currently about in TX Hill Country
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to fantym1 for this post:
  • Motrukdriver (01-22-2019), Texjbird (01-23-2019), Blacktank (01-23-2019)
Beauty.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ratfink56 for this post:
  • fantym1 (01-23-2019)
Black Mesa SP, OK

ROOIRIA x 2
1 Stinkin' Badge
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fantym1 for this post:
  • Blacktank (01-23-2019), Motrukdriver (01-23-2019)

[attachment=1662]
More Black Mesa

More later
ROOIRIA x 2
1 Stinkin' Badge
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fantym1 for this post:
  • Blacktank (01-23-2019), Motrukdriver (01-23-2019)
These are Neb NF

This is my van

More later
ROOIRIA x 2
1 Stinkin' Badge
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to fantym1 for this post:
  • Blacktank (01-23-2019), Motrukdriver (01-23-2019), Cammalu (01-23-2019), Snikwahjm (01-23-2019)
Wind Cave NP

Trav broke his harness "protecting" me from the bison on the other side of the cattle guard, then gifted me with a grass rat about 2 min after they moved off - "it's for dinner" . You'd think he was a Terrierist, but no. (He's a Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, mostly)
ROOIRIA x 2
1 Stinkin' Badge
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to fantym1 for this post:
  • Blacktank (01-24-2019)

This is Black Hills NF dispersed, near Pringle, SD. Woke up 1 morning to 3 young bull elk peeping in my windows... Neither Trav nor Gypsy made a peep ... I just watched as it was a bit breath taking, truly awesome.
2 days later got visited by 3 game wardens as I was flattening cans with 4lb engineering hammer. Walking cane leaning against front of the van.
Now, I'm 5'2" & 100 lb soaked, maybe, & I wasn't wearing my teeth
Wanted to see if I was poaching (his hand on holstered weapon, 1 behind the open door of SUV, 3d in back seat w/shotgun) - I looked at the hammer & said, oh yeah, I'm gonna sneak right up behind 1 of 'em  & bash it behind the ears
I know those guys have a job to do &  it can be dangerous @ times, I'm sure, but somehow, I can't quite figure me fitting their profile
ROOIRIA x 2
1 Stinkin' Badge
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to fantym1 for this post:
  • Blacktank (01-24-2019), Snikwahjm (01-24-2019), rvpopeye (01-24-2019), Matlock (01-25-2019)
You’ve got some nice pics, it’ll be nice to hit some of these less utilized places when we’re out and about.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • fantym1 (01-24-2019)
(01-24-2019, 10:18 AM)Queen Wrote: You’ve got some nice pics, it’ll be nice to hit some of these less utilized places when we’re out and about.

TY & glad you're enjoying.

I loved being in these places - mostly we were alone or very few others around & no one close. Palo Dura Canyon & Wind Cave were fairly popular when we were there so we didn't stay long. We'll go back both places, tho

Maybe we'll see y'all out there somewhere/sometime
ROOIRIA x 2
1 Stinkin' Badge
(01-24-2019, 10:04 AM)fantym1 Wrote: This is Black Hills NF dispersed, near Pringle, SD. Woke up 1 morning to 3 young bull elk peeping in my windows... Neither Trav nor Gypsy made a peep ... I just watched as it was a bit breath taking, truly awesome.
2 days later got visited by 3 game wardens as I was flattening cans with 4lb engineering hammer. Walking cane leaning against front of the van.
Now, I'm 5'2" & 100 lb soaked, maybe, & I wasn't wearing my teeth
Wanted to see if I was poaching (his hand on holstered weapon, 1 behind the open door of SUV, 3d in back seat w/shotgun) - I looked at the hammer & said, oh yeah, I'm gonna sneak right up behind 1 of 'em  & bash it behind the ears
I know those guys have a job to do &  it can be dangerous @ times, I'm sure, but somehow, I can't quite figure me fitting their profile
Typical undertrained government employees with an overabundance of power. Most of them badge heavy.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to smrtrvlr for this post:
  • fantym1 (01-25-2019)