Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wintering in a rv/van
Good idea, Snik.  And if you've got the storage room, maybe a couple of old or cheap bed pillows to fill the front knee space against the firewall.
Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! Smile

(01-15-2019, 01:33 PM)Blacktank Wrote: other things you do so you dont have o wear gloves inside

Gary, instead of gloves, try wristlets:
https://vandwellerforum.com/showthread.p...8#pid33898
They're like "Jayne gloves" but they go about half way up one's forearm.
Many come without adornments. Wink

I've now done some sub-20 days, and was able to do keyboard stuff using wristlets and a single hand warmer (which I held between my knees, then held in the colder hand whenever needed).

P.S. A small heater will sometimes take a while to make a difference.
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
And, when your brain starts to freeze, put the warmer at your pulse point on your neck.
(worked in an unheated metal trailer with Lots of ventilation, loading Fedex trucks, for over a year. My breathing would freeze packages to the shelves of the trucks, and the snow would 'globe' when the wind blew....along with black mold issues.. But that is another story.. Got frostbite on 3 toes before I figured that out) also. If your sweats blow out in the knees, cut them into shorts andm pull the mid-thigh section over your head like a scarf. Those trendy circle scarfs...just Much smaller loop. Can sleep with your neck warm. Without fear of getting tangled- lol
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

Dog Bender with 4.2 Stinkin' Badges 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • Kaylee (01-25-2019), Texjbird (01-26-2019)
Late to the party, but the #1 thing I find makes a difference is a double layer knit hat with fleece lining. Unless the temps are in the low 30s, I can't wear mine without overheating. 

I also just finished a 2 strand, heavy double crochet afghan made with polyester yarn, and have to recommend one if you or a friend/relative does crochet or knits. Under a quilt, fleece blanket or comforter, an afghan makes an awesome vented layer to give a bit of space and help trap body heat without trapping sweat. When it warms up, the same afghan (without a top layer) works great when you want a heavy blanket but don't want to wind up in a pool of sweat.
What about thermal underwear shouldn't that keep a persons body somewhat warm? Granted it's a bit expensive but well worth the money.
People that are loving and affectionate are like delicate flowers, if you don't show them love in return and nurture them daily, they will build up a wall between you and eventually you will lose their love and trust.

Personally, with my perception issues.. I CAN'T Stand waffle weave. It just hurts too much.
I have to go with 'fleece-style' stretch leggings under jeans, or - strangely.. the t-shirt weight slinky fabric sleep pants/tops at Walmart. They do not soak in sweat, and are surprisingly warm and do not bind under clothes..
probably cursed 

Go to where it's warmer.
smrtrvlr--- what if finances or obligations or job or... constrain one to a cold region.

Obviously, "go where it is warmer" sometimes that is just NOT an option.
probably cursed 

(01-31-2019, 11:17 AM)GypsyDogs Wrote: smrtrvlr---  what if finances or obligations or job or... constrain one to a cold region.

Obviously, "go where it is warmer"  sometimes that is just NOT an option.

For some it is an option and in Yuma there are thousands of folks that take that option every winter. Nothing is one size fits all.
"sometimes"
probably cursed