Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LoW camp
There is an alternative to being RTRed.   The LoW camp is temporarily up on Palmosa road.
Low key decent folk.      People are welcome to come and check it out.   LoW is a national organization with only one requirement...you must be legally single.  Not married.

We were over on the Slabs.  There is a nice permanent compound over there.  Caravan one visited there for a couple weeks.

Slabs LoW is joining Apache LoW and camping together along with the WINs for the next week on Palmosa Rd.

But, please leave your drones and video cameras in your rig.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
  • Motrukdriver (01-12-2019)
What does LoW stand for?
Loners on wheels, hence you have to be single.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • smrtrvlr (01-12-2019)
They probably discussed the possible name of Singles on Wheels but sow didn't come across as an attractive acronym.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • rvpopeye (01-12-2019), smrtrvlr (01-12-2019), justjim (01-12-2019), Texjbird (01-13-2019)
Interesting, I did not realize LoW was anything more than a random group at the Slabs.
Bob posted a video recently were he said the Slab City LoW's group was in danger of losing their "encampment" and offered a reduced membership rate to VanDwellers as well as NOT requiring Single status in an effort to bolster membership...……………………..
I wonder how you'd lose your encampment at the Slabs? Isn't it a free for all type place? Every now and then I see videos or hear about California wanting to take it back over and possibly booting everyone out but so far it's just rumor.
How silly....the LoW compound has been there for more than 30 years. Everyone knows them.
Mo is right. Don’t believe everything you are told. Just like, don’t believe the stories of how dangerous the Slabs are. Just youtubers trying to drive content.

Remember, Bob makes money from getting those viewing hours. He needs content. Stress, drama, etc....that equals money.

The membership at Slabs LoW is lower now than in recent years....when it was in the hundreds. But, in no danger of disappearing or “losing” the compound.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
  • Texjbird (01-13-2019)
Since the state of Kali owns the land the slabs is on they won't close it, they'll tax it!
All I've ever heard about the Slabs is that the "residents" don't care much for the tourists but, if you take a few cases of beer and distribute it among the locals you'll make friends real quick.