Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YARC at the RTR
We've seen plenty of candidates for the YARC ………...I've invited some over to the site...………WELCOME NEW FRIENDS !

Photos later after a hundred somebodies get off the internet and let me post later tonight...…..

But a couple stories from the camp...……...

Some folks from Kentucky have a creative trailer made from a packing crate......Tree branches...….canvas fire hose......They have two horse troughs that they use as Hot Tubs !...……

Well I met them during a problem...…..While shopping at GAMBLERS in Q...…..a shop-dog jumped and BIT a sweet little fuzz dog...…..Two deep puncture wounds...…….the "store" first denied any dog was theirs and later told them to go away

The distraught couple sought out our camp as dog friendly and had a volunteer available...…..I helped them clean the wounds with H2O2.....trim her hair around the punctures ......….and then keep the wounds open until they dry/heal from within ………Poor Puppy

A guy comes up...…..tells me Main Camp sent him...…...ASKS WHERE IS THE MAGIC CIRCLE ?

The head of the RTR.....Jude...….(Who seriously read me the RIOT ACT earlier this week......when I "misbehaved")…..knew I was staying in the LTVA prior to the event...…..and told him I could help......Calling BLANCH …...Nekkid Man Alert !!!!!!

And then later I'm alone in camp...... burning a fat one...... when Bob walks up with a 4 person film/sound crew for PBS digital and just starts talking...…..seems he's actually looking for a Promaster flying a pirate flag...…..does an impromptu couple minute interview focused on the screen door/cats and my huge refrigerator.....Volunteering....the RTR and Van Dwelling Lifestyle..….Who knows....maybe I'll survive the CUT

I also mention the 65 qt dometic frig vs the Kodiak problems that Lili is working thru ……Bob saying it's a problem "they" inflate their actual power capacity

Bob ends up filming the hurt/dog people across the street with their beautiful tiny crate home...and the whole injured "DOG in Q" story 

JustJim has stopped by...….Mike/HDR stopped...…..SteveCello has his Horse/Great Dane here  in camp now...……….

OMG we eat GOOD every nite……..each time a larger group around the table...…...spaghetti tonite ………………

later doug
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • Roadtripp (01-11-2019), Motrukdriver (01-11-2019), tx2sturgis (01-11-2019), justjim (01-11-2019), Blanch (01-11-2019), Texjbird (01-13-2019), dieseldave (01-24-2019)
Dang, I miss all the fun!
Wondering about Wandering.
a couple things,Doug "misbehaved"??? that dont sound right,what did you do? hum to loud?

and Bob filming at yarcamp? did he at least buy you a pizza?
does sound like fun and glad you guys are having a riot out there except for poor sweet little fuzz dog Sad
I arrived yesterday and parked in the music camp area. We're prob leaving tomm and moving up the road to blm land as this is not as enjoyable as last year. I am giving it another day here as maybe it's just my attitude. I got yelled at from a "traffic controller", don't want to revisit, but the vibe here is not my style. But I'm also not into YouTubers or sycophancy. Ok this is more ranty than helpful, I'll stop lol.
Wabbit you got a personality issue happening, it ain't you, it them!!! HA HA HA and believe me it ain't you....you are grumpy because everything goes from fun to 'controlled' and 'restrictive' and 'under management' in that the freedom is gone and the total controlling rulers take over...………..now just a guess on that LOL but I bet the old ways are not even close to the new ways due to so many people? And it all changing???

for me out of the loop, left to myself, find the SMALL yet fun situations again are key. Screw the masses and if nomadic is becoming a mass thing, time for this old gal to find the fringe of it all again. We will, we can find that fringe, cause it is out there and thriving but at some point the old is not old ways anymore, it changes, search out the fringe again that suits us fringe dwellers.

if none of this applies to you disregard LOL Smile Smile Smile I am winging it ya know!
Yes Gary...…..The first moment I got here I "illegaly" drove onto the site ……..driving around the security...….Bad Doug !

And this is Pirate camp......not quite YARC camp...……

Here's Spottie with KaiLi………..a matter of scale

And Bob visiting the Crate House and fuzzy dog across the street...….I'll get a better shot today of the rig

And Bob and the crew outside Pirate camp...……..Brian the SunShade has been a HUGE attraction at the event.....there's gonna be lots-O-copycats in the future...………..

and a shot of Opening Day with a few friends

More to come...….thanks for watching.....doug
geez,how many camps do we have people at? need a map and description from wild to mild
If it is not on film it didn’t happen????? I wonder if all those Utubers spend their nights whatching themselves. Why else would anyone do this? I don’t buy the altruistic thing......
It is the me me me tubers that bother my delicate sensitivity.  Angel
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated