Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie & Fawkes, rising from ashes
Update:
The Mark Twain site I'm at has no cellular access, despite the ST hotspot's UI that implies otherwise. That's kind of annoying (understatement).
Will possibly move today (am in Town, where there are no cybersafe free wifi connections... grrr!argh!).
Gonna use the one useable not-safe-but-free connection to do some research. Also picked up two MVUMs on my way in, a week ago.

Might head towards a bigger town, in hopes I can Bunny Drive the new ep of Big Bang Theory. Smile
That's a "want' not a "need". Wink

So far, I've had two critter incursions into The Van, but handled both.
Tip:
It's tempting fate to use Teriyaki SPAM as Aroma Therapy, then congratulate oneself on how lovely one's van smells. Wink
That night, I also discovered how to tell the difference between the sound of very light rain pitter-patter... and the sounds of mouse pitter-patter. If one turns on one's main light & bangs the nearest tub, and the noise stops, it's a mouse. If it doesn't stop, it's rain. Smile

More Pakled revelations brought to you by your resident Makes Lots of Newbie Mistakes! Wink

Here's a pic of snow-covered Fawkes about a week before the previous one:
[Image: fawkes_wi_snowcovered_01.jpg]

I am truly impressed that after the frigid cold & snow, there have been zero problems with its electrics.
GypsyDogs, you done good on all that! Smile
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (04-05-2019), Texjbird (04-10-2019)
The solar 'kit' was chosen for the van and meant to be used in the oftimes sun-starved PNW to get and keep charge in overcast conditions.. Glad that is working well for you. Smile
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

[Image: AIDog_Line_Sm_Teal_GD.png]
just one Stinkin' Badge 

"it's Beige.."
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • Kaylee (04-05-2019)
Yup! I've had a few very cloudy days, including two rain days. :-)

P.S. TBBT Bunny Driving was a bust. Zero broadcast channels, at three different locations, multiple scans at each.
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (04-05-2019)
Apr-09 update:
My two weeks are up, so I'm headed North, to beat the heat (yup, been using the ceiling fan extensively the last few days).

The big surprise of today was...

Armadillo Apocalypse!

Seriously, saw at least 10 road kill, in only about a hundred miles. Sad
First ever time I've seen 'em, so was disappointed they were all dead.
Hadn't realized they were so abundant, in the center of the nation.
Apparently their prodigious death rate is due to the fact that when startled, they leap straight up. Sad

I'm not sure where I'm going next. Waiting on word from friends who might let me camp at their place for a few days. Smile
Tomorrow, I'll probably check out one of the State Parks, which have free day admission, then camp out at the nearest Walmart/etc overnight. I definitely need to do more research, for my next two week location.

I'm still south of StLouis, and am open to avoiding it by going east thru Illinois.
Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
I'll probably wander back to WI, then maybe northern MN, and gradually work my way West.

P.S. Will post some pics, soon, including an experiment that Abnorm will approve of. Smile
I RECENTLY RAN ACROSS A VIDEO ABOUT OVER NIGHTING AT CRACKER BARREL,  I THINK MY MOM USED TO DO THAT SOME.

THE ONE THE GUY WAS AT HAD A "RV ONLY" AREA WITH SEPERATE SEMI TRUCK PARKING.  I THINK HE SAID THERE IS A CRACKER BARREL APP THAT SHOWS WHERE CRACKER BARRELS ARE LOCATED.

SEEMS LIKE YOU WERE JUST UP NORTH FREEZING YOUR BUTT OFF AND NOW YOU NEED TO HEAD BACK CUZ IT'S HEATING UP IN MO.

I'VE GOTTON SPOILT WITH ALL THIS TOWN LIVING.  I JUST TURNED MY BEDROOM AC OFF.  IT'S RAINED HERE FOR DAYS.  IT'S NICE IN THE DAYTIME WITH WINDOWS AND DOORS OPEN.  HOWEVER WHEN WE GO TO LOCKDOWN MODE AT NIGHT THE FAN JUST DOESN'T DO IT FOR ME.  WE'RE LOOKING AT HIGH 70s AND MAYBE LOW 8Os COMING UP HERE IN SWAMPY LOWER AL

I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE A BUMPER STICKER        I SURVIVED MY SHAKEDOWN CRUISE
                                                                                                                Huh  JUST DON'T ASK

JEWELLANN
" I STARTED OUT WITH NOTHIN "  BY SEASICK STEVE
               AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT        

MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • rvpopeye (04-10-2019), Kaylee (04-10-2019)
^^^^^^^Not more cheese !
PAULETTE and "Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
Maybe just had to drive up...
No hills big enough to cool off on ?
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

(04-09-2019, 08:04 PM)Kaylee Wrote: Armadillo Apocalypse!

Seriously, saw at least 10 road kill, in only about a hundred miles. Sad
First ever time I've seen 'em, so was disappointed they were all dead.
Hadn't realized they were so abundant, in the center of the nation.
Apparently their prodigious death rate is due to the fact that when startled, they leap straight up. Sad

Here in Texas they usually end up on their backs with a Lone Star beer bottle between their legs with the top of the bottle at their mouth.  Texas humor.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • Kaylee (04-10-2019)
ANYONE 'SIDES ME EVER SEEN A ARMADILLO PURSE?

TJB
" I STARTED OUT WITH NOTHIN "  BY SEASICK STEVE
               AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT        

MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
I'm not an authority, but I would STAY AWAY FROM EAST ST LOUIS.  Some of the Missouri folks know more, but I would swing south and stay away from it.  I ain't never heard anything good about East St Louis.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to weigh2ez for this post:
  • MN C Van (04-11-2019)