Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie & Fawkes, rising from ashes
Somewhere in Washington state, probably on the Snake River:
[Image: fawkes_snakeriver_01b.jpg]
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • Blanch (12-10-2018), Queen (12-10-2018), GypsyDogs (12-10-2018), TWIH (12-10-2018), NomadJack (03-26-2019), MN C Van (03-30-2019)
That’s great that your are getting out Kaylee!  Also very pleased you have an already lovingly converted van, that was a win-win for buyer and seller!   Rolleyes
They say when you get older two things happen, one is you lose your memory and the other, I forget.

Organized people are simply too lazy to search for stuff.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to TWIH for this post:
  • Kaylee (12-10-2018), GypsyDogs (12-10-2018)
Nice view!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • Kaylee (12-10-2018)
Well said TWIH!
I'm a big believer in "win-win", and the timing was Right for both GypsyDogs & me.
Despite the engine problems, this Path is the logical next step in my life.

I've also got a solution for the Middle-aged answer to the millennial van-life bare toes pic meme... 

wool socks. :-)
The rattier/worn the better!
Both Dumbledore and Dobby would approve. :-)
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (12-10-2018)
It's time to re-ignite this thread, now that the  Burning Days are over... I hope. :-)

I'm currently just north of St Louis, taking a lunch +Firefly + oil check break.

Engine was making some moderate "putt putt" sounds late yesterday afternoon, so stopped for the night.
Checked oil this morning and it was down by over a quart. Bought a new 5 quart jug. Otherwise, seems OK.

Gonna try 141 to avoid some of St Louis, plus I'm timing so as to avoid rush hours.
I'll update next time I have net access. :-)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • Texjbird (03-26-2019)
Sounds like you're already having fun.....

Check the oil more often.
Over a quart low is bad ju ju.

Look out for idiots , they're everywhere.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Kaylee (03-26-2019)
Thanks!
Had to add another quart. Sad
I have now done 1141 miles on the new-used engine, so maybe that's not too bad?!?
(Asked somewhat wistfully)

P.S. last night, watched Firefly ep "Out of Gas" for the first time since before the first Breakdown.
It was eerie!
Is there a leak? Check under the van for fresh oil spot right after you move it in the AM. A quart every 500 miles is not good. Is there fresh oil on the underside of the van?
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • Texjbird (03-26-2019), Kaylee (03-26-2019)
not the oil thing again,see if there is oil leaking under the van
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Texjbird (03-26-2019), Kaylee (03-26-2019)
IF YOU CAN FLATTEN A BIG CARD BOARD BOX AND LAY IT UNDER YOUR ENGINE WEIGHTED DOWN WITH ROCKS OR WHAT EVER MOST ANY LEAK {I THINK} WILL SHOW IN THE MORNING.  IF YOU POSITION THE BOX COMPLETELY FROM FRONT TO BACK AND SIDE TO SIDE OF YOUR ENGINE AND CHECK FOR LEAKS    BEFORE MOVING IT YOU SHOULD {MAYBE} BE ABLE TO SEE WHERE THE OIL IS LEAKING FROM.  HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY SMOKING FROM THE TAIL PIPE?  OR MAYBE SMOKING WHERE OIL IS DROPPING ONTO HOT ENGINE PARTS?

ANYONE FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN ON THIS.  LUCKILY IT'S BEEN 100 YEARS SINCE I NEEDED TO USE THESE METHODS Big Grin .

MY RANGER HAD A SELF CHANGING OIL SYSTEM FOR OVER A YEAR.  I'D PUT OIL IN AND IT WOULD RUN THRU THE ENGINE AND DRIP OUT THE REAR SEAL.  REALLY! IT TOOK OVER A YEAR FOR ME TO SAVE THE MONEY TO FIX IT.  THE ESTIMATES WERE FROM $525 UPTO $850.  THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I USED MY CURRENT MECHANIC.  HE DID THE JOB FOR $360.  HE'S OLD SCHOOL LIKE MY HUSBAND WAS.  HE COULD BUILD HOT ROD CARS AND TRIUMPH BIKES FROM THE GROUND UP..

KAYLEE ALL THE PROBLEMS YOU'VE DEALT WITH SINCE YOU GOT YOUR VAN HAS REINFORCED MY PLAN TO DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO HAVE THE SAFARI IN TIP TOP SHAPE BEFORE QUEENIE AND I MAKE ANY LONG TRIPS.

I THINK YOU'VE HELD UP WELL THROUGH THE PAST FEW MONTHS.

JEWELLANN AND QUEENIE
"DON'T LET THE OLD MAN IN"   WRITTEN & RECORDED BY TOBY KEITH

A CHANGE IS GONNA COME
                            MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Kaylee (03-26-2019)