Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT...........MOSTLY
YEAH WELL I'M MARKING TODAY ON MY CALENDER ANYWAYS!

Big Grin CUZ ME BEING QUITE WHEN I'M AGGRAVATED IS A RARITY.

TODAY I TOOK THE SAFARI TO THE SHOP AND WATCHED THE SHATTERED SIDE WINDOW BEING REMOVED.
I'D NEVER SEEN THE PROCEDURE BEFORE AND I ALWAYS TRY TO LEARN NEW STUFF.

I ALSO SHOWED THE GUY THE REAR WINDOWS AND TOLD HIM I'D LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH THE LABOR WOULD BE IF I HAD THEM REPLACED WITH AFTER MARKET POP OUTS AND LOUVERS.

THIS GUY WAS AMAZING!  HE COULD READ MY MIND!
HE SAID "YOU DON'T WANT THAT"
   Angry KNOWN ME FOR LESS THAN A HOUR AND HE KNOWS WHAT I WANT ALREADY!

HE NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS ACT SOME MORE.

I KNOW HE CAN'T TRULY READ MINDS CUZ IF HE COULD HE WOULD HAVE EXITED STAGE LEFT AS FAST AS THOSE LONG LEGS COULD HAVE CARRIED HIM HOLLERIN' "LADY PUT DOWN THAT 2X4  AND STOP CALLIN' ME THOSE NAMES AND MY MAMA HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!"

I'M NOT MALE BASHING.  I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYONE ON HERE MALE OR FEMALE THAT HAS TOLD SOMEONE
" YOU DON'T WANT THAT?"  I'M OLDER THAN DIRT & I CANNOT REMEMBER EVER SAYING THAT TO AN ADULT NO MATTER HOW LONG I'VE I KNOWN THEM AND ESPECIALY TO A STRANGER.

CHILDREN DON'T COUNT,  I THINK THEY NEED TO HEAR THAT AT TIMES FOLLOWED BY WHY THEY NEED TO RECONSIDER.

SO THE WINDOW WAS INSTALLED HERE IN MY PARKING PLACE AT HOME.  I WILL NOT DRIVE THE VAN UNTIL TOMORROWS DR. APPOINTMENT.

NOW I CAN START HAULING AWAY STUFF AND ALSO GET THE SAFARI INTO THE SHOP NEXT WEEK.
I'VE FOUND A NEW HOME FOR THE REAR SEAT/BED.  IT'S GOING TO A COUPLE WHO NEEDS SEATS FOR THEIR VAN.

SHE SAID THAT A MAUVE SEAT WAS OK.  THE VAN IS WHITE AND THEY BOUGHT SOME BLUE VAN SEATS ALREADY.
I'M NOT SURE OF THEIR SITUATION,  I MAY BE ABLE TO PASS ALONG SOME OTHER THINGS TO THEM.

A GOOD DAY....SO FAR. A NEW DARKLY TINTED VAN WINDOW AND I DIDN'T TALK MEAN TO THAT GUY AND TELL HIM HOW AMAZING I THOUGHT HE WAS   Angel

JEWELL ANN & QUEENIE

P.S.  IS IT BREAKFAST TIME YET?
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
I hate being told that! You don’t know me from Adam, how in the hell do you presume to know what I need or want!?!? Congratulations on not smacking him upside the head.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • Texjbird (11-29-2018)
In an IT/computer context, I've many times thought that, but have never said that, instead I just ask questions so that we both can understand their needs better. Smile
Sometimes, what they ask for really is exactly what they want.
They always do know what they want, they often just don't know the best way to get there, which is my job.

So, yeah, condescending is bad, and creates an adversarial atmosphere.

Love your quote about children being the exception. Big Grin
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • Texjbird (11-30-2018)
Wow, mind readers?
No one should ever be in my mind, it isn’t a safe neighborhood. And it is even less safe when I have to deal with mansplaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Queen (11-29-2018), Kaylee (11-29-2018), Texjbird (11-30-2018)
So, why is it you don't want pop-out windows?
Just ask to speak to the boss Big Grin

I find that by going up the ladder you will find someone that will listen.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Kaylee (11-29-2018), Texjbird (11-30-2018)
ALL CAPS, you don't want that

(11-29-2018, 06:04 PM)GotSmart Wrote: Just ask to speak to the boss Big Grin

I find that by going up the ladder you will find someone that will listen.

+1
However, sometimes the underlings are that way because the boss is too. Sad

Optional:
He may be re-trainable, or in other words, as Jewel Anne so succinctly put it, he's a child.
Look him straight in the eye, and ask him what is his basis for saying that (or something to that effect).
If he gives you the blank "huh" stare, move on. If he shows sign of the hamster wheel rotating, learn him up. Wink

I remember an Air Force instructor telling us there's 3 general levels of skill & attitude.
Juniors who know next to nothing, and know that they don't know much.
Intermediates who know a lot, and think they know everything.
Seniors who know almost everything and have the experience to know that they don't know everything.

The intermediates are the most dangerous group & are responsible for the bulk of all accidents, both as pilots & ground crew.

Your guy sounds like that. Sad
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
That is Jaybird.  Big Grin  She is as AINT RIGHT as it comes. (Easier to read).
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Kaylee (11-29-2018), RoamingRaven (11-30-2018), Texjbird (12-12-2018)
(11-29-2018, 05:03 PM)ratfink56 Wrote: So, why is it you don't want pop-out windows?

According to The Unamazing Kreskin they would cost too much and I could buy a 2nd van for what they would cost.

I saw some louvers on a astro van build on U Tube.  Behind the rear door on the drivers side he had installed a small window AC.

If I ever get to travel and have only the Safari or another van I want it to be cool and comfortable for Q and I.  I'm no longer able to lift and carry a small AC so I will need a way to permanantly mount it.  I already have the small inverter generator that Just Jim  recommended and it is supposed to handle a small energy efficient AC.

I also hope to have a solar system for dummies at some point.

Jewell Ann
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME