Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van Build Drama?
So now that the van build is winding down we start getting the "van build drama" and "why I left the van build early" YT videos.  I guess this click bait draws in viewers.  Was there any drama there?  I watched a lot of the working videos and seems to me everyone there that went there to participate in the actual building part was either working hard or partying afterwards.  Honestly if I was ever to start up some type of gathering the first thing I'd do is tell the youtuber goobers to just stay away.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
Oh I can tell you plenty of second hand stories from last year. 

The only information that I heard from this year is what was posted here. I have enough drama here getting the weather to cooperate with the rental build. 

This winter I will be helping on small repairs only. If Jim needs a hand OK. No more full install on systems by myself. I plan on making this winter about taking care of myself.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Cammalu (11-22-2018), Queen (11-22-2018), GypsyDogs (11-23-2018), Texjbird (12-24-2018)
Mo were there any interesting videos?
monkeyfoot
Don't really watch the video's. I'm generally too busy helping others wherever I'm at.

Sometimes too much help isn't a good thing...
(11-22-2018, 02:40 PM)Cammalu Wrote: Mo were there any interesting videos?

Some of the walk around videos were kinda cool.  One of the fellas (maybe more) did one of those drone ones way up in the air to show how many folks were there, Blue Van Dan (I love his old Dodge van) did one walking around checking out license plates to see where everyone was coming from.  I didn't click on any of the drama mama videos.  I don't want to feed the wildlife so to speak.  I did avoid clicking on the usual youtuber goober videos as well, mostly because it's the same old thing.  "I'm here so now it is officially started" kinda stuff.  Amazing the amount of self-importance juice gets swapped at these kinda gatherings.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • frater secessus (11-26-2018)
I know it. Don’t they know that anyone at all can have a YouTube channel and having one doesn’t make you a star? When I see their Hollywood Star on the sidewalk then I’ll believe it...
monkeyfoot
(11-22-2018, 02:29 PM)GotSmart Wrote: Oh I can tell you plenty of second hand stories from last year. 

The only information that I heard from this year is what was posted here. I have enough drama here getting the weather to cooperate with the rental build. 

This winter I will be helping on small repairs only. If Jim needs a hand OK. No more full install on systems by myself. I plan on making this winter about taking care of myself.

Hey!!!  I might need your help doing a solar install if things keep going the way they are here.. hahaha   Just pointing and saying what needs to be done would be awesome.
(11-22-2018, 02:53 PM)Cammalu Wrote:  When I see their Hollywood Star on the sidewalk then I’ll believe it...

Maybe this is the next best thing?

Wondering about Wandering.
just the "professional"utubers trying to make money,ignore them
I just realized that drones are a recent intrusion to privacy.
Can they be shot down (with a rubber arrow or something), or at least netted (somehow)??
...maybe radio transmission interference?