Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will the RTR be this year?
I think a far number of people will be looking to find it, and some to avoid it.

I heard that the “old” site will not be used this year.     Will it still be south of Q on BLM?

Anyone heard the exact details yet?

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
From CRVL:  

"Q. Where is it located?

"The 2019 RTR Location will be in the Quartzite area , but the exact location has not been announced yet. We will let you know asap."
The BLM had planned to put it at the South East edge of Quartzite by I 10 frontage road. Where the good pavement ends at the permit station. Right past the church.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • RoamingRaven (10-24-2018)
(10-23-2018, 07:02 PM)GotSmart Wrote: The BLM had planned to put it at the South East edge of Quartzite by I 10 frontage road. Where the good pavement ends at the permit station. Right past the church.

They know where it is located.  The Rangers and Doby Maneuver discussed it, the ranger showed him where it would be, and they decided it was do-able.  Then announced to RTR 2018 that a place was found.  The camp host is supposed to be at the entryway to RTR 2019.

Why he is telling folks it isn't established yet, is a fallacy.
CoPilots: Cleo & Joe
2000 Tioga 27' Class C
450 Ford Chassis
V-10 Triton
Onan 4000 on-board gas genny
Two 145 w solar panels & Two 70ah batteries
Who is this Doby? Do you mean Bob Wells? Huh?

1989 Honeywell motorhome
He's not exactly broadcasting it, though. I wouldn't either. By the time the RTR people showed up there, there would probably be a bunch of trash and dog and human sh!t all over the place.
That sounds like the RTR last year when I showed up a week after it started.

I couldn’t abide the garbage and dog shit. Or the people with their entitled attitudes. Dumping their trash and raw garbage in the wash as they pulled out. Ick.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
We visited the RTR twice last year. 

Both times I was overwhelmed by the number of people. 

Unless he is careful, it will turn into another burning man.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
John, you are right. It IS heavily promoted...
I stayed in the RTR grounds for a week after the event last year. It looks so different when no one is there. I remember that there was dog crap but walking Max afterwards I was impressed at how well the area had been cleaned up after such a large crowd.

Were there bad apples? Of course! There were trashy people, those that didn't clean up after themselves or their dogs, those that used others like a free repair service, not being tolerant of their surroundings considering they knew that they had parked themselves in a group. Parking on top of each other when there was no need.

On the other hand I saw a great deal of comradely. People unselfishly helping those that they didn't even know and likely would never meet again. Parts being donated, a free tarp loaded with stuff that could have been easily sold instead and long term friendships being made.

So was there abuse? Yes but it was more than balanced out by the good that was done. If you can only see the bad then go hide in a hole and avoid it.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Cammalu (10-26-2018), RoamingRaven (10-26-2018), MobileC (10-26-2018), Blanch (10-29-2018)