Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Gonna Need A Little Help........Please
(10-10-2018, 11:24 AM)Gary Wrote: can you make it to Cammies place?

I don't think I'd have to go that far north.  Some of the weather reports I've seen are warning of possible tornado activity in other states due to temperature and pressure changes from Hurricane Michael.

I sure hope  it isn't bad in  KY.  Besides friends I made when I lived there, there are also members/friends from here on the forum.  3 generations of my family are there in KY.   I have my son, 8 grandkids and a great grandson, all up near the Ohio river.

I'm a just a worrier I guess

Jewellann.
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
You know if you insured all that junk you could leave it where it might get damaged and hop in the van and find some where cool to hang out awhile... maybe next time.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
Aw hell jewellen I’ve been trying to get you to come visit forever. Let this hurricane blow you a little north to my place
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Texjbird (10-11-2018)
(10-10-2018, 03:38 PM)Texjbird Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 11:24 AM)Gary Wrote: can you make it to Cammies place?

I don't think I'd have to go that far north.  Some of the weather reports I've seen are warning of possible tornado activity in other states due to temperature and pressure changes from Hurricane Michael.

I sure hope  it isn't bad in  KY.  Besides friends I made when I lived there, there are also members/friends from here on the forum.  3 generations of my family are there in KY.   I have my son, 8 grandkids and a great grandson, all up near the Ohio river.

I'm a just a worrier I guess

Jewellann.
Yall come to North Little Rock. I get you either a rv space or a cabin here at KOA kampground. My treat. David aka American Nomad Patriot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to daonacetpi1969 for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (10-10-2018), Texjbird (10-11-2018)
(10-10-2018, 05:35 PM)Snikwahjm Wrote: You know if you insured all that junk you could leave it where it might get damaged and hop in the van and find some where cool to hang out awhile... maybe next time.

Well the Aliner is insured up the wazoo and I don't know if it's still standing.   I'm not sure about personal property that's in it.

I just spoke to my sister and she told me that my nieces mobile home had a tree fall on it and it took out 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom.  They are renters and I don't think they have renters insurance.  The park is surrounded by trees and they can't get out of the park.

Hey I have a curfew! There's a first time for everything I guess!  5pm to 5am my town has a curfew.  I wonder what law that comes under.

I have small tree limbs in my yard and some of my plants are a mess.  However the last time I looked the Safari side door still had a window in it.  Shattered but still filling the opening.

TJB
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
Glad you're both alright , the Safari is alright , the Aliner,,,,,is gonna be alright too.
So many alrights in the home of "Ain't Right" ,,,,pretty  impressive ! Cool

You also got some experience in the part of living in your vehicle I like the best .........driving avvay from danger.
(or bad neighbors) . Wink
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Texjbird (10-11-2018)
Glad you are safe. Mother Natures fury is a beautiful thing to watch from afar!! Not so much when you get a front row seat. But experiences are the only thing we leave this life with! Be well, be happy, and don't worry about a curfew. "We're from the government we're here to protect you!"
In Russia, it used to be; "Freeze KGB we are here to help." Or "Stop NKVD we need to see your papers and come..."
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Texjbird (10-11-2018), daonacetpi1969 (10-12-2018)
I'm glad to hear you only got minimal destruction. Lady Luck must have decided that you'd had enough of the bad stuff for a while.

Curfews can be designated locally, by the state, or by the Feds. Mostly they seem to be designed to keep people home, where they can fend off burglars who are taking advantage of the lack of electricity, and away from dangerous areas because they're too stupid to recognize danger when they see it.