Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SITREP or Situation Report as it has been awhile.
Just a quick little message about what's up. I am back behind the once iron curtain. Enjoying my time here but herding cats to school and last minute changes and bounces between the Ukraine and Moscow. A little less Manny and little more Security has been the order of the day. All in VIP style and a comfort I am trying not to get to used to. 

Vacations and dessert stars? This is an unknown at this time. December and the first half of January are busy times here. However, a family vacation is planned for November Moscow to Saint Petersburg and on to Vladivostok on a very special Winter Train. Only happens once a year and only one run. I saw the receipt for the twin double sized train cabins we will be using, only the five of us are going. WOW! and I am getting kind of used to how these people dump cash so this is a significant WOW! I will post some pictures but for now, a description will have to suffice. Imagine a 1935 style train car restored to its original glory and decorated in the period. A cabin twice the normal first class size, that would have contained Stalin or Lenin with its own toilet and shower. Decorated in Soviet crushed velvet and gold and adorned with art lifted from the Hermitage for only this trip. Meals available in room or in the period-perfect dining car. All stops at cleared stations secured from the public for the duration of the stop. A special smoking car with a library design and special ventilation, complete with a self-serve bar for evening adult refreshments. Both of these last two features required special permissions as smoking and drinking hard booze has been banned on state-owned trains for over a year now. The train also has special permission to stop on the tracks so that historic or special sights of interest are only passed during daylight hours. A normal Russian train car in CV class or first has 8 cabins with sleeping for four people in each. You can buy the entire cabin for double and share with only one if you like. This train only has four cabins per car. Going to be a pretty incredible trip. 

I will have to wait till the end of November to see what the plans are for New year and Old New Year and my flights back to the land of YARC's.

I will post some photos here of the trip. 

In any case, it will be a much more luxurious trip than my last one and I really hope to see you all in the New Year. Life of an international Nomad and official foreign representative of the YARC/Vandweller forum is chaos but pretty cushy chaos. LOL!
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 8 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • GotSmart (10-06-2018), rvpopeye (10-06-2018), Snikwahjm (10-06-2018), GypsyDogs (10-06-2018), Blanch (10-06-2018), S Cello (10-09-2018), Texjbird (11-09-2018), Xanthorhizas (11-14-2018)
Enjoy every second of it to the maxxxxxx!
You earned this .
I'm not sure of the details but no doubt..........
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Scott7022 (10-07-2018)
The Bolshevik Express? in recent history a long train ride in Russia is not a good thing

being high end there might be some nice castles and old villages on the route,should be a good time depending on the nanny duties
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc t-shirts
yarc stickers pirate edition
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Scott7022 (10-07-2018)
There is a woman in Moscow breeding Maine Coons to look a bit different. I think I want one. Wonder how much? You ever heard of her Scott??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfPHMF2jS9M
monkeyfoot
Oh man, you suck.

Lemme know if you ever need a village idiot in your entourage.

:popcorn
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • Scott7022 (10-07-2018)
(10-06-2018, 04:54 PM)Cammalu Wrote: There is a woman in Moscow breeding Maine Coons to look a bit different.  I think I want one. Wonder how much?  You ever heard of her Scott??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfPHMF2jS9M

I found CatsvillCounty in Moscow Oblast Oblast is like district think Los Angeles district area and not LA, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, Del Ray ETC ETC Then add a few more million people. I sent an email, in Russian. I don't imagine they would be expensive, by North American standards. A Scotish FOld here is about 500 dollars I love Scottish folds and Bengals. Depending on why I was flying west I probably could check a bag and Carry on a cat. Not at all informed about importing pussy into America that would be all on you and I bounce through LAX most of the time LAX YVR international arrival to international departure. But I could do a lunch kitty handoff date. Flights from Russia land around noon. 

Kinda freaky video and mine didn't have audio so photoshop? Weird looking MainCoon.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
Thanks Scott. I love that cat and I’ll bet there is a waiting line from here to Moscow to get one
monkeyfoot
Lines? You don't know anything about Russians. Ques in Russia? Russians can't line up even when they lined up for bread. A problem is only a problem if money can't fix it. I'll wait for her response. Shipping is impossible I just checked with a company we use to ship luggage around the world. Nope! It would have to go with the "Owner"

I'd worry about John's Tigger. Russians don't play well with others. The recent UFC fight in Vegas is a good example!!
Looks like you've just been given the official disclaimer.....
Chasing that particular elusive pussy could be more trouble than it's worth ...

QUESTION ?
Maine Coon Cats......from Russia ???????????
May be mislabeled......................just sayin'.
(I "should" be an authority on all things Maine , but cats never rated too high on my priority list so..................)
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

Those special train rides are a blast! I try to take as maany as I can find in America too...

Enjoy!