Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHOPPED or Chili Cook Off?
This winter will be a lot of fun and I am already getting excited. I am front yard camping at my oldest son’s home and he and his wife love to watch CHOPPED.

I was imagining a Nomad Chopped. It would have a BBQ and a single burner Coleman stove. Basket ingredients could be Nomad related, like a can of Beans and a package of Ramen and a left over Milky Way bar. Your pantry would be whatever you have in your van or RV. We could do a Nomad version and have it filmed for someone’s YouTube channel. Maybe get Jim to do it and have solar ovens as part of the cooking gear.

Or we could do a chili cook off.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS is where the restrictions in my YARC awards my come into play.

Eat my entry at your own risk.
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • Blanch (09-21-2018), GotSmart (09-21-2018)
Chopped for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One Stinkin Badge!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
  • Blanch (09-21-2018)
HMMMM. 

Thinking about cooking again.   Big Grin
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Blanch (09-22-2018)
My Posole has made grown men cry. Funny considering I made it half as hot as usual.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Blanch (09-22-2018)
Hot Posole Bless My Soul...

(Rocky Horror Moment interrupted by PTSD memory)

The hot rain steamed against the wall and nearly boiled as it ran onto the black asphalt. It was raining hard in the jungle. Jungle hard rain is not sideways raining as it might be in America. No, Jungle hard rain gives the illusion it is raining up. A confusing optic that chases you into any shelter, any small cover and allows your brain to decipher what it is seeing.

It was so in Northern Thailand on this fateful day. The White City was awash and fleeing monks ran in an untraditional manner to avoid the deluge. I stepped into a traditional cafe. Away from the tourist meccas, they spoke very little English but they were happy enough with my Thai.
Beer
Blue Crab tiger in the rain salad seemed very appropriate for lunch and waiting out the rain.

She warned me it was hot. Thai's always warn white people it is hot.

It came and it was covered in beautiful blue crab, exotic fruit, and vegetables. Suitable for presentation in any Michelin Resturant.

I ruined the art and took a bite. It was spicy and sweet.

It got spicier as it went down. My face flushed and my ears tingled. I took another big fork full.

My lips went numb.

"We have WIFI. Here secret code." I took a drink of my beer and connected.

The burn was bringing tears to my eyes, yet like an addict, I couldn't stop. I finished the salad. The heat was making it difficult to breathe, my pores opened up and I was soon sitting in a puddle as if I was eating outside in the rain. My eyes were closed as if I had partaken in a Muay Thai fight. The general body experience was like being rubbed with tiger balm and placed in a wool blanket in a steam room.

I finished three beer before I could feel my tongue and could see again. The looks of concern from the staff were palatable. They were wondering where they might borrow shovels for the tourist who was about to die in their cafe.

I used google picture translate on the menu
"Sobbing Tiger Blue Crab Salad" ah ok.

It was difficult to talk and the asshole below chided the tongues inability to function.
Revenge for the tongue was sweet the next morning when he got to witness the assholes be-Hymen being melted away in a grunt bar bending display of post culinary devastation.

A 12 pack of blueberry space popsicles and good codeine infusion, followed by local whiskey made the tub half-filled with cold water a heavenly oasis for a day.

It also dyed the white man into a smurf-like parody when he went back the following day and had the mango/papaya salad.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Putts (09-22-2018), GotSmart (09-22-2018), Blanch (09-22-2018), justjim (09-22-2018), Cammalu (09-22-2018)
And just how, exactly, were these blueberry space popsicles applied to reduce the pain of a flaming sphincter?
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • GotSmart (09-22-2018), Blanch (09-22-2018), Scott7022 (09-22-2018), Cammalu (09-22-2018)
(09-22-2018, 03:35 AM)Putts Wrote: And just how, exactly, were these blueberry space popsicles applied to reduce the pain of a flaming sphincter?

Leave it to your imagination  Big Grin
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Blanch (09-22-2018), Scott7022 (09-22-2018)
tapered or not with KY and gentle.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Blanch (09-22-2018)
Everybody on this thread , Rolleyes just punch your badges..................see BeastMaster , I TOLD you this would happen !
(So , did they bury that guy ?????)

T W O h s,,,,P. O. Tongue
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Blanch (09-22-2018)