Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gutter system
what looks like a gutter on my rig turns out to be just where the cap is glued to the sides so i have no gutter system

they do sell premades but they are expensive and more drip rail than gutter

thinking vinyl j channel 
[Image: J-Channel-ScreenShot-with-caption.png]

and some rv spouts 
[Image: 29346n3.jpg]

any other ideas?
I've been thinking about this, and haven't come up with anything reasonable. Vinyl is so susceptible to UV degradation...

I'm thinking of using a clear plastic tarp or something, just letting it sag a bit so the water runs into a screened bucket.
Go to the local RV store and check what they have on their new ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
J Rain Gutter Drip Rail BLACK Plastic 3M Peel Stick RV Truck Car Windows Boats..

Not sure if this is what your after or not. The "black" stuff is less aesthetically pleasing on a white vehicle but black is the better choice for UV resistance. And I'm a proponent of anything 3M. About $2 a foot.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Matlock for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-19-2018)
Forgot to mention, the above gutter is on flebay and is sold by the foot, don't have to buy a 50 or 100 foot roll.
You're using it to collect rain water???

Can you use mini C-Channel? Attach with adhesive?
Mild Steel: 3/4 wide x 3/8 tall x 1/8 thick material
6063*: 1/2w x 1/2t x 1/8 $14

*What storm windows and screen doors are made from
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
That J-channel that Matlock found looks interesting. 

When you get to installing rain gutters, you must be nearing completion.... Unless you are in the middle of a major roof repair?

I would assume this is for controlling rainwater, rather than actually collecting it. 

The water that washes off the roof of an RV is kinda junky.
I've replaced several portions of my rusted out roof gutter, with Aluminum C channel, along with some epoxy and fiberglass to mae steel and aluminum. Some 3m5200 as well

Hardly perfect but one works with what they have.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-19-2018)
water control,there is no gutter system so when parked to the side it pours into the rail of my sliding windows and gets in that way and when parked nose down it floods the hood/door area which explains why everything under the hood was rusty when i got it

i saw the peel n stick stuff but it's small and i'm in oregon so looking more 1"x1"

being fiberglass i did think just fiberglass some up but that would be work
(09-19-2018, 08:54 AM)tx2sturgis Wrote: That J-channel that Matlock found looks interesting. 

When you get to installing rain gutters, you must be nearing completion.... Unless you are in the middle of a major roof repair?

I would assume this is for controlling rainwater, rather than actually collecting it. 

The water that washes off the roof of an RV is kinda junky.

bird poop,they just let it go and it has all the microbes and worms

propane system is all thats left to go through