Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why i dont ban people
but delete their account,banning bans their ip address,the newest member clbaker70 registered from a ip that has been used by mn c van and queen,public wifi somewhere?

had a look

IP:
Decimal:
Hostname:
mobile-107-77-173-1.mobile.att.net
ASN:
ISP:
AT&T Wireless
Organization:
AT&T Wireless
Services:
Network sharing device or proxy server
Type:
Wireless Broadband
Assignment:
Static IP

United States
State/Region:
Kansas
City:
Peck
Latitude:
37.4782891  (37° 28′ 41.84″ N)
Longitude:
-97.3327601  (97° 19′ 57.94″ W)
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc t-shirts
yarc stickers pirate edition
Find something new about yourself everyday:
I have three personalities i was totally unaware of.
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
(09-09-2018, 09:11 AM)MN C Van Wrote: Find something new about yourself everyday:
I have three personalities i was totally unaware of.

tri-polar?

the factory setting are 2 users registered per ip addy,that can be changed if an issue ever comes up
yarc t-shirts
I am fairly clueless on this stuff.

I thought many a cell phone, using their data from their carrier, rather than from Wifi, would all have the same IP address, as it is the carrier's IP address for that region.

One other forum A decade ago i was having issues with on my wififree  flip phone and the site owner said my Ip address was coming up as being located about 25 miles away from where I am.
no idea on the phones,my ip physical location jumps around,on yahoo they wont let me play fantasy sports for money because they say i am in vancouver washington others put me on the oregon coast
yarc t-shirts
I keep my location turned off on my phone, so on some websites that list location it has me at different times showing San Antonio Texas, Seattle, and some place in California. I’m in Illinois so it’s obviously lacking in accuracy.   Tongue
Here's a link to see your IP and your location as the world sees it.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

I would think the three users use the same wireless carrier and at different times got the same IP address when they connected.

I use Verizon and I get different a IP address within a range of IP addresses each time I connect the hotspot to the network. The physical location can differ as well.

Banning by IP is not effective. Even physical MAC addresses can be randomized. Besides using different hardware or virtual machines.
You can also just change their password.

But not suggesting you do so to anyone ...
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
  • TWIH (09-10-2018)
Ha ha, 

Thanks to my VPN, my N Carolina address shows up as:

My IP Address Is:
IPv4: 

IPv6: 
Not detected

[Image: ds6?token=2a469200cf1ab042460908f7e0589126]

My IP Information:

ISP:
LogicWeb Inc
City:
Edison
Region:
New Jersey
United States

Then I changed it to:

My IP Information:
ISP: LogicWeb Inc
Services: Network Sharing Device
City: Tokyo
Region: Tokyo
They say when you get older two things happen, one is you lose your memory and the other, I forget.

Organized people are simply too lazy to search for stuff.