Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mifi 4g verizon
So, I purchased a 4g Verizon unlimited hotspot from Missjg off eBay.   
It could not load $5for August.   I started a complaint with Verizon, and got back info that the account was illegal.

So, I filed a complaint with my credit card company, they in turn filed the complaint with PayPal.  PayPal actually tried to claim they never received the payment....but...my credit card company was on the conference call with me talking to PayPal.   I told the card company representative that since PayPal was denying it ever happened, that the transaction should be reversed based solely on that.  PayPal changed their tune pretty fast when they knew that my card representative was on the phone too.

I got all of my money back.   I will gladly return the worthless 6020L. But, no one asked me to.

I had helped a friend get 3 (yes, three) of these devices from Dr. Wireless.   Needless to say, they all failed within the first 2 weeks.   Yeah..illegal     I helped my friend file complaint with PayPal and their credit card.     She got all of her $750back.  

So..lesson....always use a credit card between you and PayPal.   Reason for that is that the credit card holds back 90 days of payments to the vendor.   PayPal is not to be trusted.   (I knew that from previous losses due to PayPal helping eBay to rip me off).  

There is no way either Missjg or Dr. Wireless can claim what they were doing was anything other than straight up fraud.     

PayPal knows it too.   There must be hundreds of fraud claims against them.    If you used a credit card in the last 3 months to buy one of these....file a claim through your card.   

Yes, I didn’t recommend these devices, and I didn’t receive anything in the transaction....but the fact that My friend would never have thought to get these devices if it were not for me....that puts some of the responsibility on me to help them.
1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
  • rvpopeye (09-02-2018), Snikwahjm (09-02-2018), TrainChaser (09-02-2018)
Good advice Kat.
Perfect plan on that conference call.
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
Great you got your money back
monkeyfoot
My return was much easier. Tried messaging missjg through eBay with no answer then opened a claim with eBay. They sent me a shipping label and I returned it. It wasn't accepted by missjg and sat at the post office for 5 days. I called eBay resolution dept and was approved for reimbursement almost immediately. Money was back in my credit card via PayPal in 48 hours. I also stated the illegal aspect of the hotspot via eBay message and to the representative that I talked to. I wonder when at&t will get down on the 4g grandfathered accounts.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Just my $.02 or $.0156 Canadian
My concern is PayPal HAS MY BANK ACCOUNT INFO.
PayPal would never do anything like take their losses from my bank account, I'm sure /snark

Good News!

eBay ia getting rid of PayPal

eBay Details Plans to Replace PayPal as Main Payments Processor With New Partner Adyen
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
ALWAYS check your list of credit card transactions! Don't assume that everything is okay.

And debit cards are not really credit cards. I'm sure everyone knows this, but I'm posting this info, anyway: '10 Places NOT to Use your Credit Card': https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-...d-1271.php
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (09-02-2018)
The one good part of Ebay/Paypal (and Amazon as well) is they pretty much ALWAYS side with with the buyer in any disputes.

I read a post on Reddit a while back about a guy who bought a PS3 on Amazon and then filed a complaint when it arrived saying that he received a box full of rocks and no PS3 and demanded his money back. Amazon, despite the obvious weight difference between a box of rocks and a PS3 and photos provided by the seller of the item in question in the box, automatically sided with the buyer and returned all of his money.

Things like that can ruin your business as a seller, but as a buyer they pretty much always have your back.
I've had maybe one or two returns out of the thousands of things I've sold on eBay, and no real problems to speak of, maybe it's that most buyers know me.

A few problems as a buyer, you're right card companies do take care of you
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else