Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.....To Yellowstone and Beyond
The ole Bucket List has a Yellowstone entry...……...Sooooo….It's finally time to scratch that itch.

I'm hooking up with "Heron"....Ed and Liz.....to make the trip from Maine to Yellowstone…..later Oregon and the Winter desert SW & Q

We actually started a couple weeks ago......Ed's boy...a retired boat builder......fiberglassed and gel-coated the roof to remove those conversion van windows......an excellent professional repair...………………………....leaving the trim work for Liz

I helped glue some wooden "staple" strips to the ceiling ….add foam insulation and finally stapled the vinyl headliner

Liz contact cemented the carpet layer as the finish trim

I left Maine to do some more exploring while they got ready and said their family goodbyes...……with plans to reunite on-the-road as we pass the Great Lakes...…..West bound and down...…………………..

We need the required cute pet photos.......Here's the shit-kitty Blackie in her dashboard pose

And Smudgee in her "hammock" above the "passenger seat"

Well TODAY we made the intercept.……..Afternoon was the RV Museum in Elkhart In. ….and Dinner was Steak and Salad in the Walmart parking lot......we even had some "paparazzi" photograph our little WM campsite

Well I'll quit here with a promise to take you along the rest of the way...……………..doug
"Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • Blanch (08-26-2018), rvpopeye (08-26-2018), justjim (08-26-2018), tx2sturgis (08-26-2018), AbuelaLoca (08-28-2018), Texjbird (08-28-2018), heron (09-09-2018)
Elkhart was a great museum. Everyone should visit just so you know that it has been going on for a long time. Lots of car museums in that area. 

I would like to go back.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
I worked just outside of Yellowstone, in the Gallatin National Forest, back in 1978. I’ve never been back, but it is a bucket list item to return.

Have fun and I’ll see you all on the road somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • heron (09-09-2018)
Nice post and cute fur kids!!
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • rvpopeye (08-26-2018), Blanch (08-26-2018)
I knew I should have hooked my car to your back bumper !

The kitties haven't moved since I saw them !!
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (08-28-2018), heron (09-09-2018)
We've traveled thru Illinois, Iowa and now in Nebraska……...Too Hot for words...…….

And in the extreme weather department.........The report from Yellowstone is SNOW already!!!!...…Friends (Rick and Crystal)....have bugged out because of the snow......

Tomorrow we'll visit Colorado for a bag of my favorite medication...…….. Smile 

And then ?...………..decisions !!!!
"Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • GotSmart (08-27-2018), AbuelaLoca (08-28-2018), Blanch (08-28-2018), rvpopeye (09-09-2018)
Well, we ended up with two bags of Abnorm's fave meds, and I couldn't resist a pack of Willie's finest. What a treat it was to spend a few days with Rick and Kristal near Laramie, WY at a couple of beautiful spots, including my first experience in a hot spring at Saratoga. Spring, pool, and showers are all free! Something to envy: Rick and Kris have been on the road for the better part of a year, and have never once paid to stay anywhere! Consummate boondockers!
After leaving them, we carried on into Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone. Spent about a week. Ed kept saying that every single thing was his favorite, and he was right. We are some awful lucky to own such places! Pix to follow.
Now off to Oregon to catch up with the Bleeps! So looking forward to seeing them!
One gloriously stinkin' badge. 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to heron for this post:
  • Blanch (09-09-2018), rvpopeye (09-09-2018)
Well, tapatalk kept freezing up on my phone, and since that's where the pix are, it'll have to wait. This has been a good trip, for sure, and Abnorm and his fur buddies have been such fine traveling companions. We're now at Honey's Park in Arco, Ohio. I think maybe this isn't the best time of year for visiting, because everything is dry as can be, and the wind blew a whole season's worth of Q dust into the van in about half an hour. But bitching isn't a thing when it's free and there's also free electricity if you need it!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • Blanch (09-09-2018)
And I forgot to say, the owner is the sweetest old hound named Ruby. You should visit her!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to heron for this post:
  • Blanch (09-09-2018), rvpopeye (09-09-2018)
Glad to see you're all supplied and soaking up the sights.
Looks like you have been saving up posts , 'bout time !!
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)