Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rain, rain, go away
It didn't rain here today.....yet , still an hour to go..... Wink 

And it was only 80 ! East Coast Alaska ???
OK , I was on the ocean , but still it was maybe 10 degrees warmer in town.
(We stay away from town , too many shoppers !!!! Tongue )

60 tonight

4 more days of rain starting wednesday Angry
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • heron (07-30-2018)
Rained last night...rained again this morning. I mean RAIN...thunder, lightning and down pour! The whole Monty. (Can’t resist that phrase now...). We get a break for a couple hours, then rain again by noon. So much fun. I know for sure the RV is water tight now! The 10 day forecast (if you believe such things) shows rain everyday. Maybe this will quit by September.

Belinda...yeah, we will talk about that. I won’t be that much further to your south, so we will figure something out. I should figure coming thru Kentucky and meet up with Cammy and John too...if they are still there when I come then.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (07-31-2018)
When are you coming through Kat? Hurry up!
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (07-31-2018)
I could try to get to cammy's too!!!! Keep us updated on time frames!!
viajes seguros
We will make that plan.

Last night it rained like crazy....then again early this morning....and now again.
I am starting to fear jungle rot.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
been nothing but on and off rain for a week now in mid west florida . the only good thing is I have no leaks anywhere but some mildew spots are starting to grow
Camping in a 6X12 Cargo Trailer.
Spray white vinegar on it.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

So, I took the RV over to town (Jacksonville). And....I had water leaking in!!!

Ok...so...yesterday was the first day of sunshine in two weeks....where is it coming from?
The answer is the radiator! Good grief.

There seems to be a box in the passenger side that has a heat sink way, way back up behind it, but still in the passenger compartment....water was pouring out if it.

A quick look, and I can see the leak, just can’t reach it.

Checked the radiator and sure enough it is way down. Engine temp never got hot. I am really constantly aware of that temp. Probably watch that more than the any other gauge.

So, I think I need a garage to handle this. I can’t reach it. Don’t know what it will take to get this fixed.

But, today, it is back to rain. Looks like 90% chance all day and tonight.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Broken vehicle and rain all day? You need a Prozac!
monkeyfoot
That sounds like the heater core. Look on the opposite side of the firewall where two hoses go into pipes. If you remove them and put a pipe nipple between them you will have time to repair the heater coil.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated