Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first rv trip coming up.
Take along some gum or something else chewy for the hills....
The trip is getting close, from august 18th until september 3rd I will be on vacation, so I can take a little longer on my trip if
funds allow for it. My rv is always clean on the inside, but I gave it a good cleaning again yesterday and i also turned the fridge on a/c so it can start getting cold for the trip. I need to wash the outside of the rv and clean the windows and it will be done

I`m making a list now of everything I need to pack so I don`t forget anything, but no matter what, you always forget something.
I still need to get some gas and I will do that when I leave, and my propane tank is 3/4 full or more so i`m good to go there.

Need to pack some clothes and some food and ?.
2001 Phoenix Cruiser 2300B
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time since 10-12-18
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (08-14-2018)
.................a map , roadside service ins. , anything else just go to Wally's or Salvation Army.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • shadow (08-15-2018)
I like to carry a good spread of tools so I can tackle most any repair out on the road, as well as recovery gear......jack, tow strap, jumper cables, etc.

Then my clothes and food and I'm good to go.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • shadow (08-15-2018)
(07-29-2018, 05:29 PM)tx2sturgis Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 03:23 PM)shadow Wrote: I am still old school and out dated here, I don`t have a smart phone (yet), just an old school flip phone with no
internet service. I will be getting a new phone as soon as I can afford it. I still need to get a laptop as well.

Why not look at buying a cheap $50-$100 tablet that you can use at places with free wifi along the route. 

McDonalds, Starbucks, Lowes, HomeDepot, all offer free wifi. Some rest areas and trucks stops have free wifi. If you buy one, make sure you buy the car charger for it. 

shadow: High-five fellow flip-phoner! Smile

+1 to tx2sturgis' suggestion of a cheap tablet.
Five years ago, I bought a low-end no-name tablet at Walmart, primarily for Google Maps, which had, by then, dropped support for secured browsers (Grrr!Argh!).

It's been much handier than pulling out my laptop for navigation, and all round handy for many uses. It's dreadful to type on, but fine for Maps.

Biggest nuisance is that the cheap ones are very hard to use/see in bright sunlight.
Pro Tip: put a sheet or jacket over yourself, then it's fine. I always feel silly doing so, but it works.
Maybe current cheap tablets are better on that issue?
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • shadow (08-15-2018)
I found a used iPad. Then later an “old” model iPad marked down when they updated them - it was cheaper than used. Works great. Easy to recharge. Solar never hiccups.
(08-14-2018, 04:44 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: .................a map , roadside service ins. , anything else just go to Wally's or Salvation Army.

I do have towing included in my insurance, and I do have a map.
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time since 10-12-18
(08-14-2018, 11:11 AM)Everyroadleadshome Wrote: I like to carry a good spread of tools so I can tackle most any repair out on the road, as well as recovery gear......jack, tow strap, jumper cables, etc.  

Then my clothes and food and I'm good to go.

I do have a small selection of tools to fix minor things, for anything else I will call a tow truck if needed.
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time since 10-12-18
I haven`t had the time to look for a tablet or ipad, so I wont have any internet on this trip.
Not a big deal, I still have my low tech flip phone to make any calls if needed.
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time since 10-12-18
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (08-15-2018)
I turned my fridge on a/c last sunday, and I checked it tonight and the ice packs in the freezer are frozen solid.
So that`s a good thing.
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time since 10-12-18
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (08-15-2018), S Cello (08-16-2018)