Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first rv trip coming up.
I am getting ready to take a much needed vacation, as well as my first long trip in my RV.
I`m guessing that my trip is going to be about twenty five hundred miles, and that I will be
gone about six days.

My RV is not totally ready yet, I still have a few minor things to get done, but the biggest thing that wont
be done in time is my solar panel installation, I don`t have everything I need to install it. I also wont have any
internet while i`m gone. I need to buy a laptop and get a hotspot. I will take some pictures while i`m gone and
post them when I get back home.

The important stuff is done, new tires, changed engine oil, changed generator oil, cleaned and sanitized water system,
emptied holding tanks. I need to top off the propane tank and get some gas, and the RV will be good to go.

I am really looking forward to this trip in my RV, I have never done anything like this before, so it will be quite
an experience for me. I will be leaving August 18th.
2001 Phoenix Cruiser 2300B
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time since 10-12-18
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (07-29-2018), AbuelaLoca (07-29-2018), heron (07-29-2018)
Where are you going and what’s your route???
monkeyfoot
That's a pretty impressive mileage count for 6 days .
Smooth sailing  and hope you have a great trip !
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • shadow (07-29-2018)
2500 miles in 6 days sounds more like WORK.

That's about what OTR truck drivers do...trust me, its work.

But, plans are plans....have a good trip!

Cool
Wondering about Wandering.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
  • shadow (07-29-2018)
Yeah, that's over 400 miles a day. If you ain't used to doing those kinda miles in one stretch for days on end then it will certainly be a chore.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • shadow (07-29-2018)
That's not camping... that's riding and sleeping.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Riverman for this post:
  • shadow (07-29-2018)
Wow! That is a lot of miles.

Good luck and do not push it too far. Fill the tank when you hit half full unless you know of a station within a reasonable distance. A walk about will refresh your mind and do your body good too.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • shadow (07-29-2018), heron (07-29-2018)
Good luck and safe travels. Slow and Steady as she goes. Please let us know your route. Maybe have time to wave at you as you go by at the pace you're planning. Prob won't be time to chat. And also might be someone nearby if the need arises. What's the belt(s) look like on your rig? Spare tire have air in it and good condition? Got a jack and proper lug wrench? If the belt looks worn would be a good idea to carry a new one and the tools to change it. Ohh...and one more thing...make sure you have some sort of Roadside assistance program. I Highly recommend AAA. I've been a member of AAA for 13 yrs. ..priceless !! Ohh...a few more little things... Gorilla Tape, plastic zip ties, tie wire, tools. Even if you have a problem you might not be able to fix. If you have the tools to do it you might come across a helpful hand that does and then you will have the tools available. I'm in Little Rock, AR and will be more than happy to help you out if you're in the area. As well as extend an offer of free full hook up RV space here at the KOA park i'm at. My treat !!! David
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • heron (07-29-2018)
I'll piggyback what everyone else has said, that's a lot of driving in a short period of time. But if you have an end goal in sight, such as meeting someone you know then I say go for it. If it's a flexible sort of trip, I'd chop a few miles off and enjoy some of the sites along the way some more.

I've done my share of lots of miles in a short amount of time and those types of trips are enjoyable in their own way as well.

Jim's advice of taking a walk when stopping for gas or a bite to eat really does wonders. A ten or twenty min walk after hours of driving sort of resets the body and gets you recharged for another long push.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (07-29-2018), TWIH (07-29-2018), heron (07-29-2018)
(07-29-2018, 11:11 AM)Everyroadleadshome Wrote: I'll piggyback what everyone else has said,  that's a lot of driving in a short period of time.  But if you have an end goal in sight, such as meeting someone you know then I say go for it.  If it's a flexible sort of trip, I'd chop a few miles off and enjoy some of the sites along the way some more.  

I've done my share of lots of miles in a short amount of time and those types of trips are enjoyable in their own way as well.  

Jim's advice of taking a walk when stopping for gas or a bite to eat really does wonders.  A ten or twenty min walk after hours of driving sort of resets the body and gets you recharged for another long push.
I agree about taking the breaks. Myself..I try not to eat big meals on when trying to cover lots of miles ion a short time. I get sleepy.
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (07-29-2018)