Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GARFIELD
My cat has down the bladder bounce, the kidney crunch and the stomach crush.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
19 pound cat !
Whaaaaaaaa , did he eat Chicago ?
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

Too bad he didn’t eat Chicago...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Cammalu (07-16-2018)
That might explain the gas.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
I got him as abused and tossed away kitten. He was an asshole simply put. I had Emergency Response Types that wouldn't come into my home if that cat was out. So he got locked in the bathroom for short periods. But he loved me and I loved him and so started the friendship. I was in a pretty dark place, not suicidal but very homicidal. We had an understanding. He was super skinny and wouldn't eat. One day he climbed face first into my smoked oysters and devoured them while I was in the can. He only ate smoked oysters, yoghurt popsicles and baby carrots for about four years. Then flakes of chicken or flakes of ham, low sodium versions, and peas. For the remainder of his days protecting me. Healthy Fat bugger that was kind of like a miniature Honey Badger if he got angry. He would drink my scotch unless I put his glass beside the bed, scotch glass just like mine. Then he would dip his tail in my scotch act all surprised and then sip water and suck the end of his tail.

He was never more than an arm's length away while we were alone together. When I had guests that could follow the ignore the cat instructions he would find a perch and stare daggers of death at whoever was over. Except for my Mom, he liked my Mom and would curl into her lap and sleep. My Mom didn't like cats.

He had a stroke one morning he was around 13. He was lying looking at me and one eye was closed. When I opened it manually the pupil was blown wide open. He purred a little funny. I boxed him up and gave him some oysters HE HATED THE VET,  and went to the vet. She told me the bad news. I couldn't really speak I dropped a hundred on the table and boxed him back up. She didn't want me to take him and said he'd suffer but I really couldn't talk to her so I just left. We went home and I got out the good scotch poured myself a double-double and put him on a fluffy pillow with the phone book underneath. We turned on some early Floyd, his favourite and I dipped his tail in my scotch and put it in his mouth for him. He started purring and sucking his tail and I put two into his head.

Last time I really balled my eyes out.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • GotSmart (07-16-2018), rvpopeye (07-16-2018)
So sad
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Scott7022 (07-16-2018)
Never really told anyone that story...Felt kind of good to share. He would have been so stressed and pissed at the vets for the needle that it felt cruel. Sometimes the right thing is also the hardest thing in the world to do. He was happy and home and never felt a thing. Never touched that 22 target pistol again after I put it away. Sold it soon after as well. Took me a long time to move past that evening. Cried a little writing that one down.

"Sometimes our world needs monsters."
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
I don’t like hauling a dying animal to vet the either. Why have all the stress of a trip for the poor thing. If you know for sure there is no hope I think a bullet is way kinder. Not only that but the drug they use to put down an animal only paralyzes it. It can still hear, see and think but not scream out before it dies.

For one surgery years ago the idiot gave me the paralyzing drug before they knocked me out. I can’t tell you how scary that was to not be able to breathe or move or scream that I was suffocating.
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Scott7022 (07-16-2018)
Thanks, Cammalu. As a gentle to animals sort, you have no idea how much this makes me feel better to hear you agree.

Yes, Suxamethonium chloride is not a fun drug. The military tested it as a response to a nerve agent attack. I remember that feeling very well...I didn't know that is what they use to "put down" animals. Now I feel much better about my choice.

Why not just give the cat or dog a big opioid dose...Seems more humane? Sticking a syringe into him wasn't going to happen gently.