Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shuttle Bussin', Bitchin', and Grinnin'. Let's Get it on !!
As many of yall know I finally found my rig ! 1998 E350 25 passenger Shuttle Transit bus with Champion body. 7.3 liter Powerstroke Diesel. 115K Miles. I paid $3,500 for it. And today I started my build. Guttin' that sucka !! I reckon I'll make this my build thread. For anyone that comes by I welcome any information, criticism, recommendation, accomodation, or jus plain cussin'. 

How it was when I got it.                                           
[Image: v6ZC59em.jpg] 
Interior 
[Image: ITaEyAGm.jpg] 
The rear shot 
[Image: Jued8vwm.jpg]   Next post...I begin ....It all started on this date June 29, 2018. 
#NomadLivesMatter
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • heron (06-30-2018)
Welcome aboard!!!
And welcome to loving shuttle busses.
[Image: f661f287b4c07ccb7c5f4312919fc38a.jpg]
This is Bertha, a 2000 28’ Ford E450 Triton v10 Krystal body. I am loving that there will be another shuttle on these boards. If you need ANYTHING AT ALL... contact me please. I have been living in Bertha full time just a little over a year. If you PM me I will give you my phone number so we can text each other.
I would be honored to pass on all of the help and knowledge I have gained from my experience so far.
Lots of love from the Bertha crew.
The bLEEps
Aka: Arik - Toni - and Molly Wolly Doodle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to bLEEp for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2018), heron (06-30-2018)
if it wasnt halfway across the country i would take a seat or four,your about to find out a level is nothing more than a straight edge and nothing is straight,you have a good commercial base to build off of,have fun and dont burn yourself out
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
This is the very first bolt taken out...the DE-Construction has begun.....
[Image: sU8H9zSm.jpg]
Ok...Got all the seats out.Back partition wall still in....Come and get the seats ..PLEASE Gary !! BTW...It also came with a big roll of extra new fabric that is same as seats. 
[Image: 359W2fZm.jpg]
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • heron (06-30-2018)
This pic is taken standing outside backdoor and shooting to the front.  20ft from back wall to back of drivers seat. Partition wall has been removed. 
[Image: pYBha4sl.jpg]
What to do with the rear a/c? Take it out or leave it in. It works. I'm thinking ...it's gotta go. 
[Image: Y90BdiIm.jpg] Notice the spray on insulation? The entire interior walls and ceiling have it. YAY !! Going to add more insulation.
#NomadLivesMatter  
  • heron (06-30-2018)
Here's you seats Gary...Going to the storage shed out back. 
[Image: SFiIuwvm.jpg]
Very scared of this fuse box....cause electrical is not my strong point. 
[Image: N2XsjlYm.jpg]
Took off front nose cone interior cover. Seems there is a water leak around one or more of the cab lights. Got the sealant today to fix that. 
[Image: QCeUS5Vm.jpg]
That's it for now...Thank you to everyone here ! Next day to work in this will be Monday. Monday thru Wednesday I will have a friend over to help me. He is short on money..I'm short on time. It works.  TTYL ...off to bed. Weekend with my elderly mother. God Bless ! 
Damn I'm sore all over...WTH? It's going to be a rough day tomorrow. 
****  Let it be known.. David aka American Nomad Patriot on this day June 29, 2018 started Livin' the Dream of his bus conversion. ****
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • Cammalu (06-30-2018), Blanch (06-30-2018), Matlock (06-30-2018), S Cello (06-30-2018), rvpopeye (06-30-2018), Texjbird (06-30-2018), heron (06-30-2018)
I will be watching this one the whole way :-)
Unfortunately I will be unable to be there physically, or I would offer some free labor.
I did not have to mess with any of the interior fuses or wiring for any of my conversion. We left all of the factory alone and anything for the House was new construction. I do have the wires for the interior lights that ran down either side exposed so I could use the run for LEDs in the future.

I am so excited for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to bLEEp for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2018), daonacetpi1969 (07-07-2018)
American Nomad that's pretty cool, can't wait to see the end result.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Anna for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2018), daonacetpi1969 (07-07-2018)
Great bones to start with. Do keep us curious photo voyeurs up to date.
In my opinion, It's the journey that matters most and the built process brings the first smile of many.

Richard
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Matlock for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2018)
Awesome got to love a completely virgin build thread. Why yank the A/C if it works? Just my 2cents. Sometimes A/C is not a luxury. Make a nice cover box and keep it for the four flats on the road in 102 and 99% humidity while you were going to elevation to stay cool.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post: