Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like writing stories but...
"Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name..." Rolling Stones

My fault well probably. But if it gets us talking and telling stories then mission accomplished.

Spoken in Russian.

"Cute blond lady she went over to the pool. She was wearing red thongs."

"A red thong."

"No red thongs"

"Big girl?"

"No skinny and pretty tall; she asked if you liked swimming."

Confused Dimitri staring at me; trying to figure out what the hell I was talking about.
"English!"

"Cute tall blond wearing red sandals asked you if you liked swimming. Hinting you should join her in the pool!"

"How the hell is a thong a bloody sandal?"

"What we call them other than flip-flops."

"Flip-flops?"

"Yeah listen to the sound they make when they walk by."

"Ok, I get it" Spoken after someone walked by. "the English language is stupid."
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • heron (07-01-2018)
This is getting to be a hoot. Almost made me pee my... thong/g-string.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
American vs Australian Terms and Slang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be7O81Bglhc
"Peekin' In The Wrong Window Again Award "
The moon rose higher in the night sky, surrounded by stars, invisible in the city, together they danced on the curtain of black. Scott rummaged in a large case and brought out a grey/black sack. Tipping the sack allowed the contents to pour out into the smouldering fire.  Bronze skulls of various sizes joined the ash and red coals.

They heated quickly and took on a red glow, allowing those close to the fire to see some of the skulls were alien in nature. Some had elongated foreheads, while others had canine teeth. A few even looked like alien/coyote mixed. One, larger skull was slower to heat. Its black surface seemed to keep the heat rather than reflect it, like the others. The recessed eye sockets started to glow green instead and blue lines could be seen tracing the surface. Scott took a handful of purple herbs from a tall skinny man and thanked him. He added some other powdered substance from a red bag and tossed them on the skulls in the firepit.

WOOSH! Purple and green flame danced across the firepit. Sweet smelling smoke rose toward the moon and some of the smoke sparkled as if it had caught fireflies.

"Mudbunny add to the story a fear or a dream and let us take it as our own." Turning around he fixed Anna with a fevered look. "As the only one here suitable to talk about Uluru you're next. William Gosse called it Ayers Rock but WHAT is it to YOU!"

Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Cammalu (07-02-2018)
In my family flip flops were called schlip schlopper shoes by my #1 grandson when he was about 3ys old.   He resented being forced into tennies by his folks and wanted schlip schlopper shoes for our road running expeditions "like G-Ma drivin' the Big Truck " {1981 F350 } wore.  I'll see all 6ft+ 330lbs of the little rascal this week for the 1st time in 6ys.  I'm gonna ask him if he brought his shilp schloppers. Rolleyes

Two southern ladies were having a conversation.  One lady was very talkative hopping from subject to subject and the other lady was repetitive.  Saying the same two phrases quite often no matter what the subject was.

In southern speak she would often comment " Well Bless Yore Heart " or " Isn't That Special "
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What would these two phrases mean in Russian? Or in English as it's spoken anywhere in the USA except the deep south?

Safe Travels

JewellAnn
        AND THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT   "FORREST GUMP"   

I'M GONNA RUNN OFT........."OH BROTHER WHERE ART THOU"

I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME

(07-02-2018, 04:12 AM)Texjbird Wrote: In southern speak she would often comment " Well Bless Yore Heart " or " Isn't That Special "
What would these two phrases mean in Russian?  Or in English as it's spoken anywhere in the USA except the deep south?

Does anyone remember the sitcom 'Alice', and Mel's Diner?

Flo liked to yell out in that nasally twang: 'Kiss My Grits!'

I doubt that the Russian translation would mean anything...
Wondering about Wandering.
(07-02-2018, 10:03 AM)tx2sturgis Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 04:12 AM)Texjbird Wrote: In southern speak she would often comment " Well Bless Yore Heart " or " Isn't That Special "
What would these two phrases mean in Russian?  Or in English as it's spoken anywhere in the USA except the deep south?

Does anyone remember the sitcom 'Alice', and Mel's Diner?

Flo liked to yell out in that nasally twang: 'Kiss My Grits!'

I doubt that the Russian translation would mean anything...
Texbird
 Well, bless your heart...Dostroyea as it sounds also used to clink glasses and drink or Diboga. The other well wouldn't be kind as being special is not a good thing in Russia. The nail that sticks out is found by the hammer. 

Kiss my grits' Butsaluui mya poppa (kiss my ass)  not usually said in anger but with a smile. 
You want to call out or piss off a Russian as it sounds:
Pisezyat te Suka.

He will try to kill you. Unless he is a real weakling. In Russia name calling leads to bloodlet. No tough guy standoffs. You talk you'd better be able to fight. They don't bluff.
My father told me that being called special depends on tone of voice. Either you are a great person or a complete jerk.
Please don’t feed the trolls 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Scott7022 (07-04-2018)
(07-03-2018, 07:43 AM)GotSmart Wrote: My father told me that being called special depends on tone of voice. Either you are a great person or a complete jerk.

Mine too. On numerous occasions. Usually, while I was bleeding...