Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailer brake nightmare
We have a really good Mexican mechanic. He does everything quick and cheap and does it right.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
(06-21-2018, 05:01 PM)waldenbound Wrote: BTW, now that I’m ranting, Camping World sucks!

Never been in one but I've heard that from more folks than I can count.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
Camping world also owns Gander...
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
https://www.etrailer.com/question-36310.html Here's a video about electric trailer brakes. You probably won't instantly become an expert but sometimes it is a good idea just to know how the system is supposed to work.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
rvservicereviews.com
If you can, find out who the local farmers or horsemen use for their trailer service 

The response you will get will be professional and right the first time.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
(06-21-2018, 07:07 PM)GotSmart Wrote: If you can, find out who the local farmers or horsemen use for their trailer service 

The response you will get will be professional and right the first time.

Now that is a brilliant idea! Thanks!
One Stinkin Badge!
my va came with trailer brakes, which i never used and eventually removed.

A few years ago went to add a third brake light to my 89 dodge, and realized I needed to tap a wire at the brake switch itself under the dashboard rather than any wire at the rear of the vehicle

I found the previous owner had tapped the same wire with one of those quick splices, and it had broken 7 of the 12 strands of copper wire and was in the process of failing.

Hope you can find someone to sort it out..
(06-21-2018, 07:07 PM)GotSmart Wrote: If you can, find out who the local farmers or horsemen use for their trailer service 

I have seen brakes on horse drawn trailers but never thought they needed controllers.
Say good night, Dick.
Van is in the rv shop. Hope springs eternal!
One Stinkin Badge!