Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California split up
Looks like voters in California will be able to vote on splitting the state up into 3 separate states in November.  Apparently there is big support for this so who knows, we might have 2 new stars on the flag in the near future.  3 if Puerto Rico is granted statehood.

http://abc7.com/politics/proposal-to-spl...t/3595717/
MORATTA LESSRATTA  OFFICIAL YARC

Not holding my breath.. but potentially good
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

[Image: AIDog_Line_Sm_Teal_GD.png]
I am the Ear-Wormer with a Stinkin' Badge 
I read in other studies/polls 3 out of 4 voters voted to keep it one state. Never know how accurate those are though. I'd love to see it happen but I don't think we will, not this time anyways.
it should,it is basically the size of maryland to alabama if it was on the east coast and dominated by socal which does't represent north or n.e. areas well,imagine the fight over who has to take in San Francisco
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
(06-13-2018, 05:52 PM)Gary Wrote: ,imagine the fight over who has to take in San Francisco

They will want that bear fLag for sure.
The Bear flag was made just north of SF. The Golden Gate is a port entrance that goes for a long distance. 7 ports use that entrance. 

One problem is being able to concentrate resources where they are needed. California needs better representation in Washington and by splitting it can get it. It pays 17 billion more than it gets back from Washington. 

Go ahead and make snide comments. It just makes you sound jealous.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
OMG...Getting Political and discussing Gubermint? Not going to touch this one...It might be trap. LOL WOOHOO..Back to camping threads !!
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • GotSmart (06-14-2018)
(06-14-2018, 07:52 AM)American Nomad Patriot Wrote: OMG...Getting Political and discussing Gubermint? Not going to touch this one...It might be trap. LOL  WOOHOO..Back to camping threads !!

Do you know how many great campsites are in California?  It has everything. 

Just because I am blonde don’t underestimate me. The same thing with California. There is a mining town for sale for under a million. Lots of buildings and land. I think I will buy it, start my own tourist trap. 

Free camping if you have a Stinkin Badge
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
(06-14-2018, 08:10 AM)GotSmart Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 07:52 AM)American Nomad Patriot Wrote: OMG...Getting Political and discussing Gubermint? Not going to touch this one...It might be trap. LOL  WOOHOO..Back to camping threads !!

Do you know how many great campsites are in California?  It has everything. 

Just because I am blonde don’t underestimate me. The same thing with California. There is a mining town for sale for under a million. Lots of buildings and land. I think I will buy it, start my own tourist trap. 

Free camping if you have a Stinkin Badge
That great ! But you won't see me in CA unless I have a work contract there and its very short and they pay me a LOT extra. Been there a few times... Not for me. I'll go to the Florida. There are plenty of other places to enjoy. I going to avoid spending any money of mine in CA if I can help it. Just my choice. To each their own" . No offense. I know plenty of CA people that live in the Rural areas that a great people. I try to stay away from just about any Urban large cities..even in my home state of TX.
#NomadLivesMatter  
There has been talk of California splitting into multiple states for some time now. Several years back there was a proposal where a handful of the coastal counties wanted to split away from California. Then even further back there was a proposal where Northern California and Southern Oregon wanted to combine into a new state. This newest proposal is actually making it to the ballot so apparently it has a good head of steam behind it. Gonna be interesting to watch. West Virginia broke away from Virginia in the mid 1800's so this really isn't something new. I think I'd be picking different names though... California, Northern California and Southern California. North Dakota once proposed to change it's state name. Maybe we can propose a naming contest for the new states if it does pass.
MORATTA LESSRATTA  OFFICIAL YARC