Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rv toilet paper or quilted goodness?
so what do the experienced rv people use?
rv paper is so see through thin your sure to get a finger in it but normal might plug the drain
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
I use Scott 1000 or Great Value extra strong.
Not Charmin by any means but cheap.

You can test any paper by placing an amount that you intend to use into a jar of water.
Shake well.
Did it totally disintegrate quickly (5 shakes?or so)?
If yes , you're "GOOD TO GO".

If your fave fails this test and you still want to use it anyway. You could always dispose of the paper someplace other than your tank.

The biggest thing to remember to do is flush the tank after emptying before you close the valves.
The valve blade could jam "paper plus" into the seal causing a leak. 
They make a clear dump hose piece that allows you to see when the tank is clean(er). (Check Wallys)
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

Angel Soft for my delicate nether parts. No idea how it breaks down but since we'll be using a composting toilet I see no need worrying about tank clogs.
Traveling.  It leaves you speechless and then turns you into a storyteller.

i'm thinking before you leave camp for the dump add 5 gallons or whatever of water to the black tank and let it slurry things up on the drive?

i tend to get whats on sale,not a fan of single ply but with a baby wipe back up it will work,a lot of foreign places you dont put the paper down the drain,they are to small,goes in the garbage but being merican,that just smells funny
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
You should do that if the tank isn't already at least 3/4 full.

Tanks should be 3/4+ full before dumping. (It just cleans out better)
Dump black tank first .
Do a couple of just water flushes with the empty tank and valve open.
Close black valve.
Open gray valve.
This sequence gets the hose clean too.

DON'T PUT WIPES IN THE TANK Tongue
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

I like the one in Russia. Plain brown paper no inner tube (hamster tunnel) and two-ply but tough. It was a little odd at first but makes sense when you think about it. The types that are made with newspaper and cat tounges you can keep. But do we really need bleached white paper to wipe?

"lady" sprayers are nice and popular in Thailand and other Asian hot countries. My rig will have one. Good for boy butts too.

Nothing ruins a day like Angry Ass. Another 'little one' term I am stealing for a story.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS
There is a product called “Monkey Butt Powder “ that is sold in truck stops. 

Think about it.  ;)
Please don’t feed the trolls 
I used to use the RV paper years ago but got the black tank clogged with it anyway. You’ll only do that one time before you start putting the paper in a bag or little trash can you can put into your bathroom. Then there are no worries and you can use any kind of paper you want.
monkeyfoot
I've heard, a bag of ice can do wonders to knock sludge around in your Black tank. Friend of mine did it every season.. to keep things from accumulating. He claimed it worked well.
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,
probably cursed

[Image: AIDog_Line_Sm_Teal_GD.png]
I am the Ear-Wormer with a Stinkin' Badge
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-14-2018)
(06-13-2018, 06:24 AM)GypsyDogs Wrote: I've heard, a bag of ice can do wonders to knock sludge around in your Black tank. Friend of mine did it every season.. to keep things from accumulating.  He claimed it worked well.

Frosty Feces?

Dodgy
Wondering about Wandering.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-14-2018)