Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini Van=Mini Kitchen
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005SGL276

Actual photos of kitchen installed in the van coming this week stay tuned for more info.

[Image: 81-L1%2BwM5EL._SL1500_.jpg]
2012 Gothic motif Ford Transit Connect XLT Cargo Van w/22k miles & 160 watts of solar power
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mr.LooRead for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-10-2018)
I'm looking at making things fold up out of the way. Even considered the electric rails,motors, etc that will allow me to lift my bed up to the ceiling of the bus. We'll see. Thank you for sharing this with me ! It reminded me to add the lift parts to my "might get" list when searching for used/salvaged rv donor parts.
#NomadLivesMatter  
nice piece of furniture,i like it
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gary for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-11-2018)
If my rig was a van, full size or mini, I'd be pulling a chuck wagon trailer with me. Cooking for me is important and having a decent operating kitchen has priority. I used to cook in the big truck when I lived in that and while it was doable, the lingering smells and clean up were always an issue.
Traveling.  It leaves you speechless and then turns you into a storyteller.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
IKEA has fold up desks cheap.
(06-10-2018, 01:02 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote:  the lingering smells and clean up were always an issue.

I don't fry animal flesh inside the van. That is reserved for a 20"x40" plastic and steel folding table $25 at Walmart. The table gets set up by the open rear doors in order to get to the fridge and the tools etc. contained in the indoor kitchen.
On Father's Day, I am going to an NHRA Div.1 sportsman's race at Numidia (PA) Dragway and I will take photos of my tailgating setup and post them in a new thread. 

The indoor kitchen provides hot beverages, instant oatmeal, ramen noodles etc. basically any food that does not give off a lot of stink while providing some heating and humidification when needed for warmth.

[Image: 30790a06-213b-428e-aa07-fb1adb8876bb_1.6...nBg=FFFFFF]
[Image: 48931580-c443-4850-8b2d-adb6738c3ad0_1.d...nBg=FFFFFF]
2012 Gothic motif Ford Transit Connect XLT Cargo Van w/22k miles & 160 watts of solar power
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mr.LooRead for this post:
A TV tray table would be a lot smaller to haul around. In my van real estate is square inch valuable.
That looks nice and has some storage too. Not very Goth?   Wink

Jewellann
        AND THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT   "FORREST GUMP"   

TWO THINGS A SOUTHERN LADY CAN ENJOY BUT SHOULD NEVER SPEAK OF 
                                  MAYONNAISE AND MONEY

I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME

Hmmmm, the tc must be much larger than it looks. Seems it would take up a lot of space
Sometimes dweller in 233k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge but not much else
    The "kitchen" rests on aluminum tubing salvaged from a cot. The tubing is bolted thru the sheet metal of the van with 5/16 machine screws with nylon insert nuts. Small angle brackets hold the bottom to the tubing and larger angle brackets hold the top of the kitchen to the vans sheet metal.

I added the barrel locks to keep it from opening while driving. It weighs 29 pounds empty.