Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the heck is Wabbit?
GS, driveways are much better than road side or parts store parking lots...
I stand corrected on my comments. Was having a bad day when I commented. My apologies to yall.
WABBIT !!! Glad you're back my friend !! Guess I worry too much. Feel free to give me a shout with any mechanical issues. Hope you can invest in some roadside assistance. I prefer AAA.
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • rvpopeye (06-07-2018), Wabbit (06-08-2018)
Lil update.

New fuel pump installed. Fuel pump fuse still blows! Arrrggghhh!!!! I think it's what a friend mentioned and it's shorting somewhere. Tracked the short from the fuel pump fuse to the interior fuse box. Wires on fuses #17 and 18 are showing shorts with a continuity test. Those two fuses are connected to fuse 19 with a buss bar of sorts so that's why short went to fuel pump. Confusing lol. They inside fuses on 17 and 18 are sounding a short, but it doesn't blow those fuses. Not possible it seems.

Anyways found a tow for Monday and a local shop that's willing to work with my broke ass. On the bright side, the scenery at 9500ft in Carson National Forest is beautiful!
Everyone has been talking about how incredible you are, I have to agree. You're pretty awesome! 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Wabbit for this post:
  • rvpopeye (06-08-2018), American Nomad Patriot (06-08-2018)
Good luck with the wire gremlin ! Hope they find it quick !(I'd just cut out the old one and run a new wire Wink .)

NOW , I would like to point out .
The way our members are taking care of rig problems out on the road is impressive !
By themselves and/or with help from other members and friends.

My experiences have been much the same over all.

There are some throw parts at it type mechanics out there just like wherever home is but there are lots of "good guys" garages in both places too .

Vehicles will always need something done , even new ones , wherever you are , even at home ........

Anyway , don't forget to post the "good guys" here on the Shop Review subforum in the Vehicle Discussion Forum so we all can find 'em easier !!!!!!!!!! Wink
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-08-2018), Wabbit (06-13-2018)
"Thank You Randy Whatever Your Last Name Is !"
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • Wabbit (06-13-2018)
Lol, You too Dave! Appreciate the emails, no signal so tough to respond to everything. Next time I have troubles(fingers crossed there's a next time), you'll get pestered!

Update: Van is parked behind mechanics. Still no usuable Verizon 3g signal. Mechanic hasn't looked at it yet. He's been great with letting us crash in the van while it's parked. No internet means lots of reading and hardly any news on the world at large. It's almost nice! Lol.
Everyone has been talking about how incredible you are, I have to agree. You're pretty awesome! 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Wabbit for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-14-2018)
(06-13-2018, 09:52 AM)Wabbit Wrote: Lol, You too Dave! Appreciate the emails, no signal so tough to respond to everything. Next time I have troubles(fingers crossed there's a next time), you'll get pestered!

Update: Van is parked behind mechanics. Still no usuable Verizon 3g signal. Mechanic hasn't looked at it yet. He's been great with letting us crash in the van while it's parked. No internet means lots of reading and hardly any news on the world at large. It's almost nice! Lol.

Don't let them throw parts at it until it's fixed. Ask for any old parts back or to be shown to you. If a new part is put on and it doesn't fix it..tell them to put original back on.  Will PM you my contact info in case you need me. I'm available 24/7 my friend ! If I can't figure something out I know many people that are life-long mechanics for a living that are a phone call away.
#NomadLivesMatter