Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop bugging me!
(05-26-2018, 06:58 PM)MN C Van Wrote: I don't have a preference between a bear or a 'coon, but deer are much to hard to catch, and stay away from pigs.

They'll squeal on ya
But all of them is good eatin' to me ! Any of them come near my rig and they will end up on a plate. Then of course the hides..Bear skin rug, Coon skin cap, Pig hide leather mocassins, deer skin chair cover..oh the possibilities and resources. Plus no need to go chase/hunt/trap them. LOL

"I could use a new pair of moccasins as well."
#NomadLivesMatter  
Going to do the passenger's window and have to do the Mr. Loo Reed thing to one, or both of the side doors- Screens really stifle air flow.
Was thinking velcro?????

Skeeters were horrible yesterday. Literally swarms- five biting each calf sorta bad
Sometimes dweller in 233k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge but not much else
(06-13-2018, 08:21 PM)MN C Van Wrote: Not sure what to do on inside- The default plan is to - Close the door on it.
(I did trim it back some)

Maybe some small suction cups. Like the ones used to hang things like pictures, window decorations? 

I have gotten that same fabric in bulk or by the linear foot at military surplus stores. Which are also a good place to pick up other survival/camping items. The biggest reason is that they are usually locally owned and operated instead of a "big box" store.
#NomadLivesMatter  
Not a bad idea- All it has to do is stay in place 'til door closes.

My calves must have 25+ bites each.
Sometimes dweller in 233k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge but not much else
I sewed fabric around the edges of my screen. I put magnets in side the fabric. The magnets hold but there are gaps where skeeters come through because the magnets are too fat. I’m thinking about trying boat cover type snaps and magnets between... That type snap fasteners come with a screw with a snap head and another couple pieces that pound together for the fabric. I think for now it will be the small window and see how well it works.