Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell?
Just reading about Amazons fighting tooth and nail to prevent a 20 million dollar tax to help the homeless in Seattle.Bezos is worth more than $130,000,000,000.I just can't get my mind around this kind of greed.
I think many (most?) rich people can never have enough. They chase money like most of us chase freedom and experience.
We worry how to pay our bills, the rich worry someone is going to get their money.
I have my opinions on this on going issue (read about it a few weeks ago) but I don't want to discuss it on a camping/van dwelling forum. Seems like it is more a facebook kinda issue to discuss.
MORATTA LESSRATTA  OFFICIAL YARC

next headline-seattle council on the homeless vote themselves a 20 million dollar raise
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gary for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-16-2018)
(05-16-2018, 07:08 AM)animalcannibal Wrote: Just reading about Amazons fighting tooth and nail to prevent a 20 million dollar tax to help the homeless in Seattle.Bezos is worth more than $130,000,000,000.I just can't get my mind around this kind of greed.

That's probably because you believe in social justice...erm...I mean you're a SJW who hates capitalism and is a dirty commie at heart. /s

It is bs. People bitch about food stamps for hungry people but won't talk about the Corporate Welfare bs. They say anyone can make it here in America. This might be true if you're willing to scheme and cheat and throw out any ethical thought you might have had as a youngster. I could really rant about this, but not many care. I barely care anymore, it's such an uphill battle. The root of all evil isn't money, it's greed.
Everyone has been talking about how incredible you are, I have to agree. You're pretty awesome! 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Wabbit for this post:
  • Queen (05-16-2018), Texjbird (05-16-2018)
I just got so pissed about this that I had to say something,somewhere.The wife has a t shirt that says"Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket"Explains our country perfectly.I hope this not too close to politics.
I have a family member that is pretty well off and always chasing more money. In their case I believe it's directly related to unhappiness.....and that more money will fix or buy it. I think this is the case with a lot of very wealthy people.

My view on spending other people's money is........there is no right way to spend it, if they don't want to part with it, well it's their money. I have a vehicle excise tax that is about $100 bucks a year......It doesn't really change my life any paying it, but I certainly don't like to do it. I imagine that feeling never goes away no matter how much you have. People are who they are, the amount of money in your bank accountant doesn't change you at the core.