Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Springs, Arkansas Trip
While work camping here in Little Rock, AR I went to Hot Springs, AR today. It's was only about 45 minute drive. It was a good day. Hiked up a mountain to this look out tower. Darn near straight up. After basically climbing/hiking up about 1/2 mile I find a road where I could have just drove up to the top of the mountain. SMH. I decided to just keep going up. Wow..am I going to feel the pain in the morning !!  Anyways, The natural hot springs area holds lots of history. Enjoy the photos. 
Headed back there tomorrow to go on a 2 hour zip line tour. WEEEEEEEEEE !!!

[Image: Wc3rWqfm.jpg][Image: xxqltmjm.jpg][Image: UkZCmGcm.jpg][Image: k5QXYymm.jpg]
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-13-2018), Wabbit (05-13-2018), heron (06-23-2018), Anna (06-23-2018)
[Image: qYJENczm.jpg][Image: AjIwYhxm.jpg][Image: MOGJm2Fm.jpg]
#NomadLivesMatter  
The tower on top of the mountain.   $8 each adult. Great gift shop ! Best thing about going to the top of the mountain was that when passing one of the park parking areas I came across a couple that were vandwellers. They had a dark red sprinter cargo van. Pretty stealth. I knew they were cause the side door was open and I could see the bed across the back. I stopped and chit chatted a little. Then left them be. 
[Image: gVzbddQl.jpg][Image: KprZJF1l.jpg]
[Image: AFh74c9l.jpg]
[Image: jGxBObG.jpg]
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-13-2018), Anna (06-23-2018)
While you are there in Arkansas be sure to make a trip to the Crater of Diamonds State Park and go digging for diamonds. Who knows what you'll find.
MORATTA LESSRATTA  OFFICIAL YARC

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (05-13-2018), Anna (06-23-2018)
Cool...but a two hour zipline? How does that even work?
Wondering about Wandering.
txs....Here is a YT vid on the exact one that I'm going to be on this afternoon. 
https://youtu.be/-pX_02pGSKo
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • heron (06-23-2018)
(05-12-2018, 09:40 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: While you are there in Arkansas be sure to make a trip to the Crater of Diamonds State Park and go digging for diamonds.  Who knows what you'll find.

I've heard about that too!! That sounds cool !   I'm going to be here in Little Rock working for the next year. I definetly going to try that while the weather is good. How much does it cost to go?
#NomadLivesMatter  
I saw something about digging for crystals in AR, didn't know about diamonds. Fun!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (05-13-2018)
(05-13-2018, 09:02 AM)Queen Wrote: I saw something about digging for crystals in AR, didn't know about diamonds.  Fun!

I saw something mentioned about the crystals. There was a sign next to this pic that said they used local crystals to lay around the hot spring where it came out in the bath house. 
[Image: 6m8AlYj.jpg]
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • Queen (05-13-2018), Wabbit (05-13-2018)
http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/
MORATTA LESSRATTA  OFFICIAL YARC

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (05-13-2018)