Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superior Nat'l Forest
I really didn't find the bugs that bad this week. There's flies all over, but only a few bother you.
Mosquitoes were only in certain areas at certain times.

Found a few new spots to boondock-
One is an abandoned gravelpit outside of Tofte; the sparse vegetation makes for few bugs, and no one bothered me all night.

47.736234, -90.715124

FR164k

And a couple nice hikes- Mt Rose from the Grand Portage Monument parking lot (Easy) Really nice view
Mt Josephine, (couple miles with alot of UP) and totally AWESOME view of Grand Portage and into Canada.

And it's as if late Spring there! things are blooming, it's cool- and you, know, that Spring feeling!
By the big lake it was in the 40's
Sometimes dweller in 234k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
  • MNPaul (06-23-2018)
Saw a 'skoolie' boondocking in an abandoned campsite.
It's always interesting to see people breaking convention in makeshift vehicles, and to wonder how much of winter they went through ...
Sometimes dweller in 234k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
Yes, I like to see the unconventional vehicles as well and enjoy seeing what they do with them.
monkeyfoot
We have seen some but should have taken pics... some ain’t right. Last week I saw someone camped with mini van seats bungeed to the van roof.
Grew up in Minnesota. Have seen mosquitos dodging snowflakes. And as others mentioned the North Shore of lake Superior is spectacular.