Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaylee about to emulate a Wood Duckling :)
Deep breath, relax, ask questions.... you know the drill. Someone here will have the answer you are looking for.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • Kaylee (11-15-2018), Blanch (11-15-2018)
Yipppiieeeee
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Kaylee (11-15-2018)
And you will have a gorgeous van (not perfect- but then, who is?) And he has a good heart. Will take you far if you care for him and respect him. ?
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

Dog Bender with 4.2 Stinkin' Badges 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • Kaylee (11-18-2018)
That was a smiley that the forum didnt recognize... Not a "?" ....lol
probably cursed 

Was going to kill time hanging around rest stops /etc in western Wisconsin, but last night's low was predicted to be 8F, whereas the location of my mid-week Dobby Maneuver stuff was low 20s, so I did the smart thing. Smile

I'm definitely looking forward to having insulation (i.e. the van) as opposed to my (loyal&reliable) stationwagon.

Hmmm... it's not clear where to ask for route tips. So, I'll ask here. Smile

Travel/Route advice, please:
Mid-week (post Dobby-concussions), I'll drive to eastern Nebraska, close to I-80, then drive to GypsyDogs' (Springfield, Oregon).
Any suggestions and/or tips, route-wise?
I'd like to avoid Thanksgiving driving craziness.

P.S. Nebraska is for sandhill cranes. Smile
This will be the farthest West I've ever driven. Yippee ki-yay!
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
Ok so where did the blind old guy miss that she got a van? Last I read she was still looking...
Huh
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
she is making her way here to interview Miles Irving as her new Rolling Abode. Smile
probably cursed 

Nothing like keeping him in the family. Great bones and heart in that one!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (11-19-2018), Kaylee (11-19-2018)
Well said Scott! Plus, it ensures GypsyDogs gets "visitation rights". Smile

I just got off the phone with my IRA company, and the rest of the money will be transferred by end of the week for sure, most likely by end of tomorrow. Smile

Had already sent a deposit to GD, so just have to finish up some Domicile/residency gosse today&tomorrow, then I'm headed West! Smile

P.S. I decided to use my IRA, since I had almost exactly the right amount in it as cash from last year (market has been too crazy high & flakey for me to want to risk anything else).  The IRS lets one take out up to 10K$ penalty-free for a "qualified first home purchase", including an "RV", and this qualifies.
That means I have a decent cash reserve for both living expenses and a healthy emergency fund.
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
Forgot to mention:
I explained to the nice young man that I was withdrawing for a "qualified first home" so they aren't required to do any withholding.  Later, after asking how long it would take to "settle" & transfer, I casually mentioned that would work out great, since it was actually an "RV" that I was buying and I'm driving across the country to pick it up, expecting to arrive this weekend...

His voice softened to someone in a warm fuzzy state, and he sincerely & wistfully congratulated me and wished me a safe journey. Smile

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • rvpopeye (11-19-2018), S Cello (11-19-2018), GypsyDogs (11-19-2018)