Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camp Quirky USA January 2019 Quartzsite
Held at the former site of the RTR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zv7xBqPWUs
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Mr.LooRead for this post:
  • Blanch (04-30-2018), Wabbit (04-30-2018)
Dust bowl city AZ

I will stick to the LTVA.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
So is this going to be a US version of Camp Quirky? That video was made in the UK somewhere.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
Some very nice builds in that video! Looks like a really fun time.
That looks like fun.
Is it vans only? I didn’t see any RV’s.

And if they plan to have this at the old RTR site they cannot have vendors or people selling items. It is forbidden. And BLM is enforcing it for the RTR so it may be enforced with this event as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-30-2018, 11:58 AM)Blanch Wrote: ...It is forbidden...

Sounds ominous! Looking at their gathering in the video, it looks like they are on top of things. I imagine they receive a warmer welcome than most.
(04-30-2018, 12:40 PM)Wabbit Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 11:58 AM)Blanch Wrote: ...It is forbidden...

Sounds ominous! Looking at their gathering in the video, it looks like they are on top of things. I imagine they receive a warmer welcome than most.

It isn’t ominous! It is against the law and BLM can shut down the event. That is all. I saw vendors in the video and it is illegal to operate a business or commercial operation on BLM land.

But it does look like a fun event I would like to attend, but again, I’m an R.V. dweller and I only saw vans. -sigh- I’m not one of the cool kids in a van, I am an old disabled lady in an R.V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • heron (06-23-2018)
^^The, "It is Forbidden" is what I was saying sounded ominous... As to the rest, I'll let the organizers of the event and whatever enforcement agencies are involved handle it. They look like capable people.
It's actually not a real event (yet) but an event in the spirit of the original big Q gathering without all the Utube celebrities, the educational seminars etc.

It's close enough to the proper event to dump the potty in the chemical toilets of the big BW show.

I am sure there could be a special corral for factory built RV'ers that can show an SSD award letter and close off that area with crime scene tape.

It's basically for those that want to be actually free and not conform to the rules of a self-appointed minimalist RV nomad guru.
We're all free... free to choose what and how and which direction we go. I'm a big fan of home built stuff and an event centering around that would be pretty cool. When I get done with this last remodel I can turn my energy to building a camper for the wife and I. Initially we thought about buying an old travel trailer and doing an interior remodel but more I let my mind wander the more I want to build a Gypsy Wagon/Vardo type trailer. Still trying to decide on which vehicle will be the tug. Weight will be the deciding factor I'm sure. Back to a potential gathering like this... umm.. good luck trying to keep the YT "celebs" out of it. They'll be swarming like locusts beating on doors to get tours and interviews. Unfortunately you almost need this kind of exposure to get the word out that it is happening and for continued events.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]