Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m launched
I’m officially launched today. My nomad birthing, and a painful one it is.
I’m scared out of my gourd. It is just hitting me that I sold my house, retired, and left friends to strike off into the unknown. I don’t have the luxury of a mentor, just lots of free advice on these forums. Well, kinda mentoring. But the emotions I went through, last night in my home, then launching, wow, it’s like becoming unhinged.
I’m navigating out of the cities now, when I get into the wilds, then my adventure really begins.
One Stinkin Badge!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
  • Wabbit (04-19-2018), Texjbird (04-21-2018), American Nomad Patriot (05-12-2018)
Where to??
monkeyfoot
(04-17-2018, 07:15 PM)Cammalu Wrote: Where to??

Walden obviously!   Big Grin
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • waldenbound (09-30-2018)
I'm happy for you Waldenbound !
It was rough my first month. It just takes time, after a month or so it was totally and completely my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations!
One gloriously stinkin' badge. 
(04-17-2018, 07:15 PM)Cammalu Wrote: Where to??

Outta this freakin’ rain, and onto my own Walden eventually. Trying to get out of Washington for now. 
More tales and pics to come.
One Stinkin Badge!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
  • Blanch (04-17-2018)
Congrats on your maiden voyage, as I sit here dwelling on my decision to keep my house for the time being, I must say I'm a bit jealous! It's that old learning curve working against you and leaving everything you're familiar with, no doubts that it will get much easier as you adjust to your new routine.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • heron (04-18-2018), waldenbound (04-18-2018)
Congrats on the launching. Things will get easier as you get use to them. The hardest part for me was learning where everything was in each area but now that I have returned to familiar areas it is so much more relaxing.
Yes sir, I'm at the leading edge of those weird feelings...house is starting to empty out, dumpster in the driveway, 3 weeks 'til I don't have a job. I know it's just going to build and build until I'm out in naked freedom.

You can do this man. Relax and let it flow over you; focus on the next task. (I've got to do laundry today.)

May the road rise to meet you.
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • waldenbound (04-18-2018), American Nomad Patriot (05-12-2018)