Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBSOLESCENTUM
(04-09-2018, 08:33 AM)Scott7022 Wrote:
  • The American Military branches, except for the Marine Corp, and the Military industrial complex (AMBMIC) seized power in June of 2020 with operation EmptySwamp. This saw the first use of small yield nuclear weapons on American soil. The entrenched Marines had held the coup at the doorsteps of America's power base and died never giving a useable inch of ground. The ES Monument is a testament to their bravery and to the horror that would befall the new AMBMIC Coup. 

Why do I think you had Gunny in mind when you wrote this?

Quote:Sensing had been discovered and while the ability was in its infancy at this time some of the better telepaths, as we now call them, could feel people in Iceland. The electronics were directed toward that area, and in 2144 New Zealand received the first Enlightened Period, EP, radio message.

Makes me wonder if you ran across this post and smiled.

(04-03-2018, 06:45 AM)Putts Wrote: Deep in our psyche we know that, given a couple hundred thousand years, we could evolve a telepathic sense that would allow us to communicate with others at a distance.

Being impatient, we invented a substitute. (the internet)

Sadly, it's existence will prevent the evolution of the real thing.

Oh well.

Quote:“I have it now. Thank you, Brother. I will take it to the council.” Paulson felt his associate say and his brain registered 2.0348 seconds. Faster today, he thought. 

I'm curious about the relevance of the varying time delay. I would think telepathy would work using "spooky action at a distance" as it's carrier. Should be instantaneous. But there's this line:

Quote:Sensing had been discovered and while the ability was in its infancy at this time some of the better telepaths, as we now call them, could feel people in Iceland. The electronics were directed toward that area, and in 2144 New Zealand received the first Enlightened Period, EP, radio message.

So, it's electronically enhanced telepathy?

I think there's a typo here.  I've bolded what I think may be the correction.

Quote:The CEO’s underground complex was extensive, and he did have EMP shielding and everything an increasingly paranoid Prepper planning for an end of the world event could imagine and buy.

Quote:Unfourtunelty, a large group of Bats, invaded his air intake handling units, and by the time the accumulating quango caused his RPS custom designed NCB system to fail it was too late to fix the other one. 

What other one? I reckon these are just excerpts and the "other one" is explained elsewhere.

Quote:Spoken language was rarely heard as telepathic communication was more accurate and faster. It was also entirely truthful. The Rule had been the guiding law since before most now living could remember. Art, music, and design were entwined in the community, family, and government. The Church was love and shared the energy of love and compassion to the world. People farmed, raised animals for non-lethal harvest, and devoted their lives to peace, love, and harmony amongst others and nature. 

Sickness and disease had been eradicated, and healing with a gatherings combined energy had eliminated the reliance on less traditional medicines. People could see tumours or diseased organs. Others could generate energy to heal or destroy cancerous cells. The average lifespan was 155 years, and that was increasing yearly. Infant mortality was zero. Money wasn’t used. You created, and you shared. 

*sigh*

Wouldn't that be nice.  Thanks for the mental picture.

I really like that this is dense with meaning, but also dense with things left unexplained leaving it to the imagination. I had to read it very slowly and repeatedly to let the written words and my thoughts merge into a whole understanding of the piece.

Writing is hard for two reasons:

1) You have to take an idea, something that's multi-dimensional, and construct a one dimensional string of words to describe it. Good grief, I find that so challenging.

2) You have to have an interesting and original idea to write about. I find that even more difficult.

You ought to be a writer!   Big Grin

Edit: just saw your post...you just puked it out. Sheesh. Damn fine writing, but if this is indicative of the stuff rattling around in your head, you ain't right.
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (04-10-2018), Scott7022 (05-24-2018)
I never kiss and tell. What you bring to the story and what you get from the story is all you. It is the same for all my books. I leave peoples imagination alone a great deal to roll around in the stuff.

Yup, that was a misused word. One off, no edit past as I was writing.

As for the stuff rolling around in my head...Lovecraft would be a fairy tale and the violence level would make Tarantino gag. I just water it down for general consumption.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
“So few people really read anymore. “

Isn’t that the sad truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i didnt die in the first strike,i'm an hour s.w. of portland,no need to nuke trees,i drove to the coast and went fishing,picked up a nice little harem,found an abandoned ranch and lived happily ever after
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc t-shirts
yarc stickers pirate edition
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Cammalu (04-11-2018), Scott7022 (04-12-2018)
A few weeks go iI had a dream I was outside throwing the ball for my dog when the sky lit up and the ground shook.

Looking north, after the flash subsided, I saw a giant mushroom cloud, then directly above a vapor trail was moving quick across the sky to my South, and I knew that the military bases in San Diego were the target.

I grabbed my dog and  threw myself behind some railroad ties as the Sky lit up and the ground dropped from underneath me then slammed me back up into the air as a torch was  smoking all the trees and airborn roofs.

As I was burning alive I thought dang, I never got to make love to one particular woman, and the next thought that i was stupid for taking cover as now it was simply going to take longer to die, and I hoped shock would kick in soon to end the pain.
I grew up in Long Beach California during the Cold War. Long Beach, at that time, had the busiest port in the country and the Las Alamitos Naval Weapons station. We were taught, as children, that we would be the first city attacked in the event of a nuclear war. It was a point of pride. Every air raid drill we would be reminded of that fact. Then we would duck under our wooden desks and cover our necks with our arms. Like that was really going to help......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Da ammmmn Sternwake!!!! My scary dreams don’t even come close
monkeyfoot
"I shall take from you two of your fears if you let me steal one of your dreams."

Just something I am working on. I like the idea of a demon being less demonic and more...gentile

In a scene a little girl falls down and he picks her up brushes here off and fixes her dress and the bow in her blond hair. The girls father, having seen the fall and the 'kind gentleman' runs over and thanks the man.

when he tries to walk away he trips as his shoelaces have been tied together.
Subtle evil I think is missing in stories

Scary dream but par for the course. When they launched MIR the world went batshit and figured 1000's of missiles were pointed in our direction. I have it on good authority perhaps 3 percent were functional. I believe that assessment is shared by alphabet agencies in the US and Canada now as well. Boy, that little football (mir was about the size of one) got us to spend a great deal of money. MIR in Russian means world and peace. I do so love the irony of Russian humour.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
(04-11-2018, 10:50 AM)Gary Wrote: i didnt die in the first strike,i'm an hour s.w. of portland,no need to nuke trees,i drove to the coast and went fishing,picked up a nice little harem,found an abandoned ranch and lived happily ever after

The Handford dump site is a main target for a FOAB (large thermobaric) search FOAB for the official release video made them even go WTF? 

Puts tons of toxic waste up and into the jet stream. So smoke em if you got them. 

For Vandwelling in a SHTF event do not be south of Handford. 

GO NORTH MY VANS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wvtRbCV-6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2FGA3Z-oYM

And the new Satan 2. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNfn17y7iNo