Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New RV.
kinda long shot but craigslist for parting out motorhome or rv salvage might be able to find the right generator,once you get some solar a small portable gen should get you buy the cloudy days
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • shadow (04-20-2019)
I was going to start working on my
solar today, but it started raining, and
it's still raining.
2001 Phoenix Cruiser 2300B
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time sense 10-12-18
Make sure you clamp the solar panels down real good. Mr Snik, my X husband didn’t. They always have rattled and they slide. I think maybe pool noodles pieces or something might keep it from railing so much.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • shadow (04-20-2019)
(04-19-2019, 05:48 PM)shadow Wrote: I called Amazon today, and they were very easy to deal with. They are sending a return label directly to ups for
them to pick up the generator and ship it back to Amazon. Once Amazon receives the generator I will get my refund.

Then I will look for another replacement generator, and hopefully I will have better luck with the next one.

I did call the nearest rv dealer to were I live to get a rough estimate to replace the rv generator with a new one,
it was $6500 dollars. That wont be happening anytime soon.
Too bad you're not closer to Michigan as I ave almost 20 Onans all sizes I'm getting ready to Ebay. From 2.5 to 7.5KW & a 4000 watt Microlite. These are all low hour hand picked units as I used to set up remote cabin electrical systems. Onans are great as they run at 1/2 speed of most 1800 rpms & have an automatic choke & are very dependable. I had 2 skid mounted 3 phase 15KW for machine tools. Good Luck!
Let me recommend the best medicine in the world, a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages. James Madison

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gr8ful for this post:
  • shadow (04-21-2019)