Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New RV.
(12-02-2018, 07:46 PM)B and C Wrote: Forgot to add that breakers do wear out.  They have a duty cycle rating.

I do know that they wear out, and I`m hoping that`s what it is, it would be an easy fix.
2001 Phoenix Cruiser 2300B
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time sense 10-12-18
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • rvpopeye (12-03-2018)
(12-02-2018, 07:42 PM)B and C Wrote: Did you unplug the fridge?

I have the generator running, and went out and unplugged the fridge. After doing that I was able to reset the breaker, and
all of the plugs are now working. My fridge has been running on propane for almost two months now, but I have noticed
that its not as cold as it used to be.

Is the control board on my fridge bad or what ?. any advice on this is appreciated.
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time sense 10-12-18
You found the problem !

So , something changed in the fridge recently that caused the breaker to trip.

Hmmmmmmmmm.
Did something short out ?
Any signs of rodent damage on the fridge power wires ?
Anything funky looking on the fridge heating element or it's wires ?

Not much else electrical besides the control panel...
Troubleshooting that is kinda hard from here , maybe mfg website or even ytoob has ideas ?
If you go to a pro , mobile repair guys are usually cheaper than a dealer/rv repair..

Dinosaur Electronics has a good rep for aftermarket replacement boards if you end up needing one.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • shadow (12-03-2018), Texjbird (12-04-2018)
After doing some searching online, it seems that the most common problem that causes a short is the heater
in the fridge going bad and grounding out. Its something I will check out when the weather warms up in a couple of months.

The fridge is working ok on propane for now.
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time sense 10-12-18
That is "probably" an easy fix...The "probably" is there to cover mfg variances and old ones are the only that I've had the pleasure of figuring out.........
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

Great news. At least you know where the problem is. The 120V Heater in mine is bad too but not shorted to ground. I have a replacement heater but mine won't pull out like I see on videos. The ones they show pulling out always seem to be new looking. I think mine is rusted in place. So I don't use the 120V part at all now. I just run on propane when still and use the 12V when driving. I hope the 12V one doesn't go out on me.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
Forgot to add, the control board runs on 12V, not 120V.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
The fridge is working on propane just fine right now, I will look into replacing the heater next summer.
It is just to cold to work outside right now.

Thanks for all the help, everyone.
On A Ford E350 Chassis
V10 Engine
Full time sense 10-12-18
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to shadow for this post:
  • rvpopeye (12-05-2018)
You will find that the fridge sips propane. It burns like a small pilot light. Fridge propane consumption is not even on my radar.
Brian