Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water heater bites the dust
(03-12-2018, 08:42 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: Gunny
Light the stove + use a knife or other kitchen tool to hold a baby wipe over the flame for a while , hot shower ! Wink

Pops, I know it's been said a few times already, but you just ain't right.  Tongue
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • Cammalu (03-13-2018)
Let there be hot water!

Rob
Once More Unto The Breach, Dear Friends, Once More.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Gunny for this post:
  • rvpopeye (03-13-2018), Ballenxj (03-13-2018), Cammalu (03-13-2018)
(03-13-2018, 11:13 AM)Gunny Wrote: Let there be hot water! 
 YEAAAAH!
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
(03-09-2018, 10:58 AM)Gunny Wrote: So I bought a new one from PPL that allows me to light it from inside. 339 and free shipping. I had to buy the switch that isn’t included for 13.99 plus 9.99 shipping. They cant ship both together. Water heater got here yesterday, still waiting on the switch. 
I wish I would have known. I have had to fix rv water heaters a few times on my TT's. Did you do annual changing of the Anode Rod? Do you have one of those screens/grills over the outside vent? That igniter and control box are easy and pretty cheap to replace. Does it work on electric only also..or just gas?
(03-13-2018, 01:25 PM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 10:58 AM)Gunny Wrote: So I bought a new one from PPL that allows me to light it from inside. 339 and free shipping. I had to buy the switch that isn’t included for 13.99 plus 9.99 shipping. They cant ship both together. Water heater got here yesterday, still waiting on the switch. 
I wish I would have known. I have had to fix rv water heaters a few times on my TT's. Did you do annual changing of the Anode Rod? Do you have one of those screens/grills over the outside vent? That igniter and control box are easy and pretty cheap to replace. Does it work on electric only also..or just gas?

When changing the anode rod you can also flush out alot of the calcium build up in them. This too with extend the life of them greatly.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RepublicOfTXPatriot for this post:
  • Gunny (03-13-2018)