Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"No more talking about the homeless"
ERLH, if you find that that couple does get a van, could you let us know? It wouldn't be so great for winter, but it might make their other seasons more livable. Good luck to them.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • Everyroadleadshome (05-30-2018)
(03-19-2018, 10:44 AM)TrainChaser Wrote: ERLH, if you find that that couple does get a van, could you let us know?  It wouldn't be so great for winter, but it might make their other seasons more livable.  Good luck to them.
I would even pitch in to help fund them if needed. Kinda like sponsor them. Lift them up. I'm sure I could round up other friends to assist them as well. So keep us updated  ERLH please.
Well this thread has been quiet for 2 months.  Updates?

I am “homeless” as the government defines the term.  I live out of the Prius, when I’m not “floorsurfing” one place or another.

My banking is online using my sons address, as is my mail and drivers license and plates. I just tell people I am “traveling” and as long as I have a box of contents in his garage, thats my permanent address. When I work at a job its always temporary and I am ok with paying state taxes and filing for them as a part-time resident. Its really not a big deal.

Medical insurance is non-existent but I haven’t seen a doctor for at least 10 years. Fortunate I suppose.

So while CVRL tries to tell its members that they are just “houseless”, I disagree, I am a homeless person, sober, with savings, but actually homeless. The term has 100% negative connotations and for many that’s accurate but there’s quite a few “me’s” that would disagree.
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TWIH for this post:
  • Vesper (06-05-2018)
(03-19-2018, 10:44 AM)TrainChaser Wrote: ERLH, if you find that that couple does get a van, could you let us know?  It wouldn't be so great for winter, but it might make their other seasons more livable.  Good luck to them.

I've not been able to get a hold of them for the past 6 weeks,  the number I had for them says it's out of service.  I know they had one of the cheap monthly cell plans, so hoping they recharge it at some point.  I talked to them a few times after the initial breakfast and he had been taking as many temp jobs as he could, not just construction related ones to build up their savings.  

I haven't seen them around town like I always did in my travels either, hoping it's because they're in a vehicle somewhere there is no cell reception!  But my gut doesn't have a good feeling for some reason.
Darn, I was hoping you could update us with good news
monkeyfoot
Thanks for the update. Like many, they could simply have drifted off elsewhere due to his finding work or whatever.
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
I prefer "homefree." Smile
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • Vesper (07-24-2018)
The homeless thing is a bitch sometimes..... I got unregistered for voting after the registrar found out I was homeless. Although I am legally allowed to vote, in order to vote I am required to go in and register at the address where I spent the night before the election, and since there are no addresses on BLM land, they sure make it impossible for me to vote.

Then the DMV and my insurance company require a street address. But again, there aren’t any addresses on BLM land.......

The Real ID law just makes it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-30-2018, 01:53 PM)Blanch Wrote: I got unregistered for voting after the registrar found out I was homeless. Although I am legally allowed to vote, in order to vote I am required to go in and register at the address where I spent the night before the election, and since there are no addresses on BLM land, they sure make it impossible for me to vote.

Quote:Mark Twain?
"If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn't Let Us Do It"

Some things are a fight, even changing legit addresses was diff for two different organizations.

I did use Bob's mail forwarder- She was a total peach! You could register there.

*posted for humor aspect only, no idealist intent!!
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
  • Blanch (05-30-2018)