Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell repeater
You have to be right up on top of the cradle but there are work a rounds. Use a headset for making calls, bluetooth would give the best mobility.

You could put the hotspot in there and run the phone off of its wifi.

Unfortunately the type of booster that repeats the signal in the whole RV has a weak repeater and you have to be right up on it too. Maybe a whole house unit would work but those are 120Vac only. The cradle uses at least 1 amp per hour. The RV repeater uses 1.5 to 2 Amp per hour. I can see the whole S&B version using even more.

There was a version of the Drive/Sleek that used a small pad as a repeater that was intended to be placed between the seats of a car. Even it only works well if the device is inches away and works best if the device is in contact with it.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Cammalu (04-30-2018)
I just ordered the WeBoost Drive 4G-X off ebay certified refurbished for $380 (and no sales tax, like Amazon would have charged me!)

I'm sure if my partner didn't need to do live streaming then a lessor solution would be just fine. But seeing as we're under a time crunch, based on my research it seemed best to just go with what has the highest likelihood of working.

My Mifi that I'm going to upgrade to the 4G LTE has an antenna port and a $20 antenna that connects directly to it. That will be interesting to play around with in addition to the WeBoost. In the past when camping in the minivan, placing the antenna on top of the van gave us 2 bars of signal for the hotspot vs. no bars without the antenna, and gave us usable internet when neither of our phones would work.

I can't wait!