Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living in my car
what You see when the lid is raised
There is a separate can for poop behind the funnel but you might have to look hard to see it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • heron (05-19-2019)
seat off

• heron (05-19-2019)
Inside bottom. Small Oil change pan from Walmart
Funnel from vinegar jug hangs on a screw and goes in oil pan hole

• heron (05-19-2019)
Unassuming box and a place to sit.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Kaylee (05-05-2019), heron (05-19-2019)
Hard to use in a car. Works great in a van and I’m over 60 so I’ll look for a van or something I can move around inside. The going potty thing was absolutely a deal breaker for car living.
  • Kaylee (05-05-2019), heron (05-19-2019)
https://www.walmart.com/ip/FloTool-42003...gKqNPD_BwE

The one I use is smaller 10 quart. About $10.
Just don’t lose the little red cap... when you build the box allow room for it to wiggle out the drain pan or make a slide out exit on there somewhere. One of these might also work under a sink for dirty dish water.
Snik, wow, that's much more elaborate & large than I was expecting!
Which seat were you using it from?
Can you post a pic of it in your car?
Thanks for what you've already posted - those really help. Smile

As you state, it seems way too big for a car, but could be great in a van.
You've mentioned you've done a lot of van camping&travelling, so you already have the experience & comfort-zone with vans.

For now, have you tried simpler options?
I've mentioned the $1 mixing bowl from DollarTree. It's the size of a bedpan, has a pouring spout, handle, and base. I had tried various cups, and all were too small & too stressful for me, for the reasons Doug stated so well. Smile It's not perfect, just another option to consider.

Does Suanne's blog have any helpful toilet details?
For car dwelling, that's my favorite resource:
http://suanneonline.blogspot.com/

I think everybody should give car dwelling a try, mostly so they really appreciate vans and bigger vehicles. Smile

P.S. David tried & meant well, so thanks! Smile
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (05-05-2019)
Kaylee, it isn’t really all that large. That oil pan in the link is huge. I didn’t see one the size of mine. Walmart has them, maybe Menards, etc. I think it holds 10 quarts. It is plenty for just me. Or just empty it more frequently for two. I empty the poop bucket as needed.
I had the rear seat of the FIT folded up so it went between the front and back seat with the back of the seat still up with the box in the well so it would be somewhat private - there was plenty of space above. I sit a ways forward to use it so not much knee space in the car. It’s in the house until I find some kind of van. In the van, this is not stressful. I really like it. The plastic lined container for pooping in works great. I was sent some kind of kit to poop in from my insurance company, it got rained on, cardboard return box died and they sent another one so I got to keep the container. I had to mail a specimen in the other container. TMI... I’m sure you could find some container or another to use there. This one is the perfect size for one dump and the trash bags go on just fine. We had a luggable Loo and I was always afraid it would tip over. This won’t tip. It sets lower than a bucket so it fit under the van bed nicely. The seat is more comfortable than a bucket. The seat is patterned after an outhouse seat. The seat sits on a lip made from some pieces of wood screwed on just the depth of the seat. You have to allow for the lip when you built it or the tank won’t come out. When we first use the potty box we lined it with a hospital pad we had around just in case of leaks. We had no leaks and I used it for a few months before I got a toilet put in my house. That’s a whole nuther story.
  • Kaylee (05-06-2019), heron (05-19-2019)
Found it. This is the size I used.
https://www.google.com/search?q=10+quart...j7ZbswOsrM
Outside measurements of potty box 18L x 13 1/2W x 12 1/2H
The pee tank can go for over a week before emptying (one person)