Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older Mini School Bus- 2 Buy or Not 2 Buy??
(03-27-2018, 09:09 AM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote: Why am I getting nervous as heck as time gets closer to go look at the latest bus candidate this weekend? The struggle is real.
 Because you're afraid that you might actually buy it?
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • Cammalu (03-27-2018)
(03-27-2018, 09:13 AM)Ballenxj Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 09:09 AM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote: Why am I getting nervous as heck as time gets closer to go look at the latest bus candidate this weekend? The struggle is real.
 Because you're afraid that you might actually buy it?
That's one reason. The others are endless. ie: Will I get it and then find something better right afterwards? Will it be road worthy? Did I just get screwed? I get there and find out it's a POS? Should I wait and get something newer even though its more expensive? Being a 1986 will I still be able to get parts for it 10 years from now? Will I be able to get the damn tow bar to fit on it to drag it 5 hours to Texas? That thing has EIGHT tires @ $160+ each. Will it pass Texas inspection being it's from Louisiana ? Do I really want something That long? (I'm trying to downsize) . There are many more questions..but one of the questions I do Not have is "Do I want to live in a shuttle bus?" <---That I am ready for 110% !  Huh Huh Huh Huh
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RepublicOfTXPatriot for this post:
  • rvpopeye (03-27-2018)
All that is just normal anxiety !!!
Older vehicles own you more than you own them I think.
Not a bad thing though .
It might like you.......
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
(03-27-2018, 11:22 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: All that is just normal anxiety !!!
Not a bad thing though .
It might like you.......
If I get it ..or no matter what I get there will be a life full of cussin' and bitchin' for sure between us. Just like when I was married for 6 months.
Probably
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
(03-27-2018, 11:24 AM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote:
Not a bad thing though .
It might like you.......
If I get it ..or no matter what I get there will be a life full of cussin' and bitchin' for sure between us. Just like when I was married for 6 months.

A little sweet talk goes a long way. 

Just try it.  Cool
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Texjbird (03-29-2018)
(03-28-2018, 11:19 AM)GotSmart Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 11:24 AM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote:
Not a bad thing though .
It might like you.......

A little sweet talk goes a long way. 

Just try it.  Cool

It would tell within a 1/4 mile I was full of crap. And to lie to it would probably find myself going over a cliff in my rig where it would commit us to murder suicide. At a 1986 its probably too old to give a rat's buttocks. LOL
Well..tomorrow morning is a big day for me. Going with my good friend who is a truck and diesel mechanic that I met here in the RV park. We are going to go check out that bus. I'm nervous as heck but at the same time hopeful and excited. I'm trying to keep it all in control so I don't get too discouraged if it turns out the be a POS. But I'd rather see it's a POS now then find out on the road in a week or two towing it 5 hours to Texas.  My friend here is going to even weld me up a heavy duty tow bar for it. The one I bought from HB was only for 5000#'s . I think the bus is around 8-9K. Boy that would have been a disaster! Wish me luck to make the right choice.  

BTW...How should I document the starting of this trail I'm headed down? Pictures? IDK. What would make yall happy to see?
if you get it make a thread in the builds/mods with as many pics as you can take
The first hour in my van I thought I had made a mistake, in the second hour I adjusted my seat and felt a lot better about it. Once you buy you stop looking— you have your new rig. Be as objective as possible about it before buying if you can. Hard not to get attached when you’ve been looking for awhile!

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk