Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for the fun crowd
So this is where all the cool kids hang out?  Glad I found ya.  I posted a lengthy intro on the other site.  Since many of you are there too, I will spare you.  Basic info: Two-lady, two-dog household.  One is a CPA, the other a forester...talking about us ladies not the dogs.  We have a '88 Sun-Lite Eagle truck camper sitting pretty on a Ford F250.  We go camping as often as possible and dream about hitting the road, at least part time, when we semi retire in four years.  Hopefully, we will get a chance to meet some of you in person someday.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SunnyandFiona for this post:
  • heron (10-05-2019)
Welcome! Your family and rig sound great.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • SunnyandFiona (10-04-2019), heron (10-05-2019)
Welcome! These cool kids have lots of knowledge to share Smile
Smile, laugh, it's free and makes others wonder what you are up too
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamingRaven for this post:
  • SunnyandFiona (10-04-2019)
Thank you Queen and RoamingRaven for the welcome.  I look forward to learning all I can so that our transition to the nomadic life will be easier.  Also, I enjoy reading about everyone's adventures.  We were supposed to camp this weekend, but my better half has to work because it's so dry.  Nearly all the counties here in KY have burn bans in place and it seems there is a new wildfire each afternoon.  Our area is quite parched.
  • heron (10-05-2019)
My sister lives in southeastern KY.  She said she's never seen it as dry as it is. The creeks are damp and no longer run.  She leaves buckets of water out for the larger animals down by the road near where the creek crosses.  Since she is the only one that lives back in that portion of the hollar, it's far enough from the house and safe enough for the animals from traffic.
Smile, laugh, it's free and makes others wonder what you are up too
Hey! Glad to see you here!
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • SunnyandFiona (10-04-2019)
Kids  Huh

Other site?????  Huh

I say no no no no I don’t go there no more  Tongue

Welcome from middle Kentuck. 

I never grew up, but I did get old. 

My other half still goes there, but I don’t because I have a low I D 10 T threshold
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • SunnyandFiona (10-04-2019), heron (10-05-2019)
Welcome! You should come to a mini-YARC at Cammi and John's!
Two gloriously stinkin' badges.
Official YARC ship’s navigator.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • SunnyandFiona (10-05-2019)
(10-04-2019, 09:27 PM)heron Wrote: Welcome! You should come to a mini-YARC at Cammi and John's!
I would love to...as long as it's outside of tax season.  I have no life from January through April, but I am used to that.  I enjoy tax prep.  It's the audits that we do in the off-season that drain my soul.  Anyway, since I am still a newbie, is mini-YARC an established event on a pre-set date?  Or, is it just a "Hey, we're getting together this weekend.  Show up if you can" kind of thing?
  • heron (10-05-2019)
(10-04-2019, 10:05 PM)SunnyandFiona Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 09:27 PM)heron Wrote: Welcome! You should come to a mini-YARC at Cammi and John's!
I would love to...as long as it's outside of tax season.  I have no life from January through April, but I am used to that.  I enjoy tax prep.  It's the audits that we do in the off-season that drain my soul.  Anyway, since I am still a newbie, is mini-YARC an established event on a pre-set date?  Or, is it just a "Hey, we're getting together this weekend.  Show up if you can" kind of thing?
It's pretty much when someone's going through and Cammi and John can stand to have us. They're pretty good that way. I hope we'll be heading through within the next month.
Two gloriously stinkin' badges.
Official YARC ship’s navigator.